D400?? on Nikon Rumors with pictures

[QUOTE="astroNiko] well that gives you 1.6x crop factor, rather than 1.5x with Nikon.

Yeah, that means it's like being four steps closer to a bird!!![/QUOTE]

Well that might just keep my feet dry:icon_thumleft:

So, what's the verdict on the 7D MArk II's actual image quality/performance? I saw early official samples which had been absolutely butchered by sloppy noise reduction that just killed its resolution; the early London press sample official shooting event sponsored by Canon was a bunch of trapeze artists outdoors on an ugly, flat-lighted day, so there was basically no dynamic range challenge, and so on. And then...September 24 slid to October 17...and I have not seen anything since. HOW IS the image quality at moderately elevated levels, like 1600? Just wondering what the verdict is on this sensor and how it performs. Is there a consensus yet? I honestly have not heard much, but then I am not interested in this camera for myself.

astroNikon said:
well that gives you 1.6x crop factor, rather than 1.5x with Nikon.

Yeah, that means it's like being four steps closer to a bird!!!

Is that people steps or bird steps?? :)

Last edited:
So, what's the verdict on the 7D MArk II's actual image quality/performance? I saw early official samples which had been absolutely butchered by sloppy noise reduction that just killed its resolution; the early London press sample official shooting event sponsored by Canon was a bunch of trapeze artists outdoors on an ugly, flat-lighted day, so there was basically no dynamic range challenge, and so on. And then...September 24 slid to October 17...and I have not seen anything since. HOW IS the image quality at moderately elevated levels, like 1600? Just wondering what the verdict is on this sensor and how it performs. Is there a consensus yet? I honestly have not heard much, but then I am not interested in this camera for myself.
Same here, all the info I am getting is what being given us from Canon well oiled PR, don't have any real field report to fall on to so far.

Most reactions

Back