D400?

Josh220

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A guy I talked to said he heard rumors of a D400 in the works. Has anyone else heard this?

Yep, even seen pics of it. :lol:

attachment.php

There you have it folks, Josh220 talked to "a guy", so it must be true ...

It was a question, not a statement. Perhaps you should read more carefully.

The D300 is over 18 months old, so it seems logical that it's about time for an upgrade. However, the D3 and D300 came out together, so a D400 might also mean a D4...

The D300 is over 18 months old, so it seems logical that it's about time for an upgrade. However, the D3 and D300 came out together, so a D400 might also mean a D4...

Don't forget about the D3x! Don't see what a D4 would do, maybe shoot HD video like the 5dMkII.

Don't forget about the D3x! Don't see what a D4 would do, maybe shoot HD video like the 5dMkII.

Yeah, I don't see much point to a D4 either, but a D400 could be nice. It just seems to be common that the rumors about the D400 are suggesting a D4 along with it.

I guess it gives me an excuse to not buy a D300 yet. :D

I am sure a D400 was in the works before the official release of the D300. Technology never stops, companies cannot stop if they want to be near the top. Every camera that everyone owns currently will be old tech in two years. They will however continue to take great photos....and video.:er:

Do I think there will be a D400 someday? Sure, that is unless you think Nikon is getting out of the camera game after making the D300.

Is Nikon working on the next generation camera? Nah... they're done. No more new cameras.

LOL

i can't wait for the D400 or whatever to be released. i want the price of the D300 to drop so i can somehow justify buying it!

This is like asking "is ford going to make another F-150?"

You can't predict release trends from one data point. The D3 and D300 may have come out at a similar time, but then the D2x and D200 didn't, neither did the D1 or D100.

Yes they are working on new cameras. No you can't trust anything people have said. Canon is a leaky sieve and they used that for marketing. But thus far Nikon seem to keep all specs pretty secret until about 1 or 2 weeks before the camera comes out.

Sure people can speculate all they want though. Now has Sony released a new sensor recently?

I've been reading articles all over the net on the D400 and its supposed specs and though they all differ, one thing all the sources I found agree on is that Nikon will be releasing a new semi-pro model camera in June or July of this year.

Most reactions

Back