d40x aperture help

pokeyjones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Complete newbie, please be gentle.

I'm unable to adjust the aperture on my camera... ideas?

Put the camera in A or M and you can. Good luck
TJ

you turn the wheel under the shutter

ok, turn the wheel when in one of the previously mentioned modes

ok, turn the wheel when in one of the previously mentioned modes
as you hold down the aperture button near that is near shutter release.

If you don't hold down the button, the wheel adjusts the shutter speed.

How much else about the camera are you missing because you apparently aren't familiar with the users manual.

If you don't have one you can download one at: www.nikonusa.com

"I just got a brand new camera, and there is this little black thingy covering the glass window on the front of the camera, but when I turn the camera on (once I figgured out how (and where) to put the battery in) the door cover still doesn't open automatically like it did on my purple digital camera.

What's wrong with this camera, I already had some trouble where I couldn't get the lens to fit into the camera, so I had to take the camera back to the store where I bought it for help to do that.

I don't know what to do next, and I have to hurry, because I have a customer to do their wedding this weekend.

I can shoot a wedding in auto mode, can't I?

But by the time I can do 4-5 paid weddings I will have saved up enough money to buy a flash"

Geesh?

No wonder guys are leaving TPF in droves. Same kind of stuff over and over and over again. Don't think that any of the experienced photographers here mind serious questions from seriously interested people who have a little initiative of their own.

Don't know what it is with the photography forums, because when I go to any automotive forum, I never see threads from someone new asking where to put the ignition key...

Wish that people would please consider reading the flippin manual as the first place to start, next doing a search, and posting these kinds of questions as the last....

Sorry to vent, I know I will get flamed for saying how I feel, but I will bet there are others here who agree with me even if they won't admit to it.

i think what everyone is trying to say issssss.........

READ THE BLOODY F***** MANUAL!

:confused:The questions on here are getting dafter every day

gary, i have to strongly agree with you here. i think its the sudden influx of people who got dslrs for the holidays. its beginning to make me crazy :confused::gah::eyebrows::alien:

Especially when they all seem to just be one post wonders. :/

Most reactions

Back