D5 not as iso invarient as other nikon dslrs

Here, I made this for you and the rest of the TPF crew:

meme Dr Evil,  Nikon D5 1 million ISO.jpg

Pentax. The D5 could be replaced by a number of cameras.

But have you seen the D5 at 1,000,000 ISO?? :eek: BTW, I'm waiting for Watchful to hit the disagree button on your post! LOL :D

lol, indeed. I have not seen the D5 at "one millllllllion ISO!", but I have seen the Sony sensor in the Pentax at 25k ISO, and the results are pretty good. I was just thinking about the Pentax for you as a sort of "differentiating factor" for your payed work.

Yeah..my diabetes was flaring up and my blood sugar level was making my eyes not focus too well. Go ahead... f***ing laugh it up at my expense.

First of all take better care of yourself. Secondly my comment was nothing more than humor.

Amazon has them if you are interested.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If high ISO keeps going this high we might well soon enter an age where aperture and shutter speed could almost, barring strong light as we don't have a lower ISO war yet, become totally dependant on creativity with the ISO doing all the light balancing.

That camera appears to have great ISO 12500 performance; sure you can see it hitting the quality quite hard but still very useable and good overall.

i dunno but for 6500 bucks definitely over my budget :biglaugh:> I am sure the pros could put it to use though.

Nikon D5-D750-Fuji X-Pro2-D7200 comparison ISO 25k.png

I just made this screen capture, for educational purposes, you know....looks like it's better than other 20-24 MP cameras of APS-C and FX sensor sizes when exposed properly at ISO 25,600.

That was under artificial lighting, not daylight. Might be pretty good for night-time sports events, indoor sporting events. ISO 25,600 is way above the capabilities that I have in a Nikon or Canon body.

View attachment 118675

I just made this screen capture, for educational purposes, you know....looks like it's better than other 20-24 MP cameras of APS-C and FX sensor sizes when exposed properly at ISO 25,600.

That was under artificial lighting, not daylight. Might be pretty good for night-time sports events, indoor sporting events. ISO 25,600 is way above the capabilities that I have in a Nikon or Canon body.
looks like it still has issues at 25,600 though by that capture. What is the usable range you think?

From what I see, I can probably push it to about 204,800 ISO before it becomes unusable. Then again, event/wedding photography is very different compare to studio photography when it comes to technical requirements.

NIKON D5-LEICA SL-7DMk2-A7RMk2 comparo 25600 ISO.jpg

Usable range on newsprint/halftone? 100k or so, I think--for times when just getting "a picture", any picture, will be a big deal.

Look at the D5 versus the $7999 Leica SL, the new, large, 24MP full-frame mirrorless camera Leica just premiered-wow, holy noise, Leica. Compare the D5's image appearance against the shot made by the Canon 7D Mark II, an action camera: MUCH better detail from the larger, better sensor in the D5.

The new Sony A7R Mark II has the highest megapixel count: its image if down-sized, might be less noisy than the D5's image, but the color out of the Sony looks very flat.

This is an ISO level that a few years ago would have been a pipe dream.

Most reactions

Back