D50 optimize image HELP!

mmphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i shot my first wedding this weekend (second shooter) and didn't realize that i had put the optimize image settings on "SOFTER"! i don't usually mess with these settings at all and it should have been on "normal" but i must have been playing with it recently...
needless to say it caused problems!
every picture lacked sharpness- so much so that they all look out of focus!
has anyone else had this problem? can i blame the noise and blur on that setting? or do i need to have my focusing system looked at?
:guilty::scratch::banghead:

:/ you can try to fix it if you have photoshop. That STINKS!

What that essentially does is not apply sharpening. I do not think you have lost anything in the image that can not be recovered. In your favourite image editing program play with the sharpening sliders. If you have one of the photoshop series apply an Unsharp Mask filter with a radius of 0.3-1.0 pixels and a strength of 100-250%.

If you shot raw this would be no problem at all, just go into your RAW editing software and change the setting to a higher level of sharpening, if you did not shoot in RAW lesson learned... ALWAYS SHOOT IN RAW.

Not so fast about RAW. I just shot an engagement photo in RAW, but failed to notice my ISO was set at 1600. Ouch. Needless to say, it's grainy, and nothing in Photoshop is making it any better.

I stand corrected. RAW cannot fixed an ISO mistake but all other camera settings can be changed with RAW afterthe shot

Most reactions

Back