D5100 and off camera flash use

thanks KMH... so its that simple? i dont need to have on my camera the other detailed sesstings of group A, B and making the inbuilt falsh "- -" like in some other cameras?
lastly if i put two flashes one left and right. they would both still fire. Sorry these sound naive questions but before i pull the trigger on the purchase might as well ask questions.

If you are going to buy another SB-910 or two can I recommend getting a SU-800 also.
I have one with 2 x SB-800s, a SB-700 & SB-600
and I can control them in 3 groups very easily from the back of the unit. They are fairly cheap (compared to the flash) on ebay at around $170 used.

This is NIkons ' info on the SU-800 commander (infrared controller)
SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander from Nikon

and here is an example the SU-800 with some high end wireless triggers
PocketWizard® - Using your Nikon SU-800 as a Master Controller

This will bring your D5100 to a new level for OCF without using your Built-in popup flash at all
fyi, there are alternatives to the SU-800 from other manufacturers such as PocketWizard, Yongnuo etc
But I LOVE mine :)

which Yongnuo compares to SU800? and is that compatible with d5100

If you are going to buy another SB-910 or two can I recommend getting a SU-800 also.
I have one with 2 x SB-800s, a SB-700 & SB-600
and I can control them in 3 groups very easily from the back of the unit. They are fairly cheap (compared to the flash) on ebay at around $170 used.

This is NIkons ' info on the SU-800 commander (infrared controller)
SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander from Nikon

and here is an example the SU-800 with some high end wireless triggers
PocketWizard® - Using your Nikon SU-800 as a Master Controller

This will bring your D5100 to a new level for OCF without using your Built-in popup flash at all
fyi, there are alternatives to the SU-800 from other manufacturers such as PocketWizard, Yongnuo etc
But I LOVE mine :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back