D5100 recommended starter equipment/filters/lenses

Personally I wouldn't waste my money on that. I would grab a cpl. One thing you'll find in the forum is differing opinions about uv filters and weather or not they are needed. Many people buy them just for protection of the lens (IMO that's silly) and additionally it can degrade the sharpness of your image. I myself do not have any advice on the GND filters I'm actually looking into those myself at the moment.
The above is opinion so take it for what it's worth. ;)

shefjr said:
Personally I wouldn't waste my money on that. I would grab a cpl. One thing you'll find in the forum is differing opinions about uv filters and weather or not they are needed. Many people buy them just for protection of the lens (IMO that's silly) and additionally it can degrade the sharpness of your image. I myself do not have any advice on the GND filters I'm actually looking into those myself at the moment.
The above is opinion so take it for what it's worth. ;)

What he/she said...again. Haha

He! Thank god! Lol!
No offense to the ladies but women take a lot of punishment! (babies,heels,dresses,makeup, husbands,monthly issues, other women,) Ugh! Ladies got it rough! Lol!

Hey guys..

I have been looking at this is it any good for what I want? any other links cheaper options , want a good quality one..
feedback would be much appreciated, also graduated filters?? I am guessing these will be a must for the landscapes in china ..thanks youu .. kelly

Hoya High Definition Filter UV (O) 52mm (Brand New) + Free Shipping | eBay

I think having a UV filter may come in handy once in a while, and Hoya is a good brand, so yes, if you going to get some accessories, get one of those.

I don't have a graduated ND filter, and I think it would take some practice to become familiar with it, and a good one is going to run into some money, so maybe this is one thing I would not recommend.

I've been thinking about the 55-200VR zoom lens in the pawn shop. I think it is an o.k. deal (maybe not a GREAT deal), providing you can take it outside and give it a good workout to make sure it works.

Be sure to take along one or two spare SD cards, your battery charger, lens cleaning kit, lens hood, tripod, remote release, and anything else you think of.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
[/QUOTE]

Hey guys..

I have been looking at this is it any good for what I want? any other links cheaper options , want a good quality one..
feedback would be much appreciated, also graduated filters?? I am guessing these will be a must for the landscapes in china ..thanks youu .. kelly

Hoya High Definition Filter UV (O) 52mm (Brand New) + Free Shipping | eBay[/QUOTE]

IMO that's a good filter, I have the Hoya HMC skylight 1b, while this is the super multi coated uv filter.

Graduated filters have a clear portion and a ND portion of the filter, so it's usage is to reduce brightness in half of the picture. Check out the ND filter post, I brought it up a few days ago.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-equipment-products/312135-nd-filter.html

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi shents, I'm a 2nd year photography student with many years in graphic arts and publication. One of my cameras is a Nikon D5100 and I am very happy with it. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Nikon D5100 for Dummies guide, available online (try Alibris.com or BetterWorldBooks.com for great prices. I have found it invaluable and a great reference while learning to operate my Nikon. Try the Manfrotto brand tripods, I just love mine, and it's very durable. If you are just starting out, you might want to use the automatic mode as opposed to the manual mode for operation of the camera. Manual is a lot to learn, and the NikonD5100 can take great pictures automatically instead! Best of luck, safe journeys, Deb

Most reactions

Back