D5100 took a header ...

Discussion in 'Nikon Accessories' started by TammyCampbell, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jaomul

jaomul Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    All similar model numbers and so many released in a small time, its easy to mix a spec up

• Like Like x 1
  2. TammyCampbell

TammyCampbell No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I love the passion of this community.. like I said there is time. I'm going to be a little snap deprived for a bit. But I want to make the right decision.Thanks

3. macdctr

macdctr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I myself went with a D7000 but that's because I recently got mine for a really good bargain. A friend of mine was selling it and offered me a price I couldn't pass. Needless to say, with all the firmware updates installed, I'm very pleased with this camera :)

Tammy, sorry about your camera. I think if you go with the D7000 (assuming you can find one for a really good price) you will find some good things about it :)

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I've helped friends with the d5x00 series cameras. Though the swivel screen is nice the added features of the d7x00 series is great if you change settings a lot and need that faster control.

Several years ago I nearly bought a new d5100 but opted for the d7000 due to better weather sealing, and all the other features. I'm glad I did as it was able to do sports fantastically compared to issues when I've tried the d5x00 series. I now have a d600 and that is close to the specs of a d7000 but with a 24mp FullFrame sensor. I love it even more.

For the money a refurb'd / used d7000 is a great deal. I sold mine with the kit 18-105 lens, and the OEM grip for $550ish several months ago. So you can get great deals out there. I found the investment into a book of how to Master the D7000 was the best investment though, as it taught me everything about the camera and how to use it (especially how to understand the user manual).

• Like Like x 1
  5. TammyCampbell

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks.. Im a little shell shocked.. but I guess this happens usually more than once.. Just it was my first Nikon.

6. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I can't weigh in on the Nikon model choice as I really don't know their line any more - however I have to say that the small image in the first post, with the blown out background area, almost looks like you've got white smoke pouring out of your camera! A clear sign of something being wrong indeed

Can I trade you the disposable film camera I've got here for your D610 then? ;)

7. sashbar

sashbar Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do not know about others, but to me the major overriding difference between 5xxx and 7xxx is the size and weight. I prefer a smaller camera, it is better for the way I shoot. Some prefer more substantial bodies. I think it is always worth trying both cameras in the shop and decide which one feels more comfortable. In most other respects all cameras are indeed if not the same but pretty similar to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MartinCrabtree

MartinCrabtree No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Buy an F5 and a 500ML bottle of Rodinal. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. TammyCampbell

Photos OK to edit
    actually A d5100 the metal tape is what that is. And I took that photo with my phone ...still using my camera. But only in a very controlled setting.

10. TammyCampbell

Photos OK to edit
    A bit too retro for me... ; ):345:

11. TammyCampbell

Photos OK to edit
    I'm in bad shape today. . Now I took a header yesterday..joy oh joy I get to visit a plastic surgeon Monday. I wouldn't bother but I'm having double vision. The irony is not lost on me. Yes my picture is dark. On purpose. .don't want to scare children right now.

Attached Files:

12. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit

I read that and though, Oh my, it's Gary being Gary again...But then I noticed it said "F5" and not "M3", and I knew instantly it was not Gary, but some other equally deranged filmie...wink, wink!

Sorry to hear about your incidents, multiple, Tammy. Hope you're all better soon.

• Agree Agree x 1