D60 or D90?

rwilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking at my first DSLR camera and I was looking at the Nikon D60 but I started looking into it a little more and started leaning toward the D90. Can anybody help me. Money is not the deciding factor.

Well, if money is not a deciding factor, go with the D90. It is a newer and better camera than the D60. Also, the D60 will not autofocus with some AF Nikkor lenses. The D90 will.The only advantage of the D60 is that it is lighter and smaller (at the expense of build quality).

That is what I thought but I was worried that it would be too much for my first DSLR

That is what I thought but I was worried that it would be too much for my first DSLR

Nothing is "too much" for a first first slr. D90 is the way to go for sure. It's not even a question, just get the D90 you'll be happy you did.

My first dSLR was a D200 and I was told it was too much. That's bunk. If you are dedicated and take the time to learn to use your camera and all about photography, it will not be too much.

If you are looking for a high end point and shoot, dSLRs may not be for you, as there is a good sized learning curve required to get the best results out of them.

When I tried out the D90 out in the store, i was like WTFMATE at the difference versus the D40 [which I had]. After buying it, it took maybe 2-3 weeks to fully learn the controls, mostly done through books, the manual, shooting some 5k pictures, etc.

i own a d40 which is not that much difference than d60 (MP), but most people don't buy the live view coz it look out of place with a dSLR. why don't you consider d200 or canon 40d?

Well then I am incredibly sorry for valuing somebody else's opinion. I hope that I did not cause you too much trouble with my simple, harmless question.
I sincerely apologize if I caused you any inconvenience.

pfft whats wrong with a D40, id take a D40 in a second...

^ Because they're both old models that are well exceeded and obsoleted by their replacements?
i was reffering to d300, my mistake =p. however d300 will cost you more due to body-only purchasing. considering the difference in camera level too (d300 is a semi-pro camera). faster focusing speed, more fps and solid body.

Most reactions

Back