d60 or eos 400d??

thorpy93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
basically i want to upgrade my camera. i have narrowed it down to two cameras. the nikon d60 and the canon eos 400d. They both have the same image resolution and are around the same price. i really dont know which one to get. i am into action and nature photography.
please help its all i can think about.
all opinions will be taken into accout.
please write back
thanks
Dave

You should look at both and make your own decision. You are going to get people who are Nikonites vouching for Nikon and Canonites who vouch for Canon. I have a 400d and I really like it but do not take my opinion to make your decision.

You are going to get people who are Nikonites vouching for Nikon and Canonites who vouch for Canon.

Not True!! I'm a Nikon shooter.... and still I'd advise the OP to purchase the Nikon....

OP - If you are actually considering Nikon D60... check nikonrumors.com... apparently a new D60 replacement announcement on Dec 1st.... believe it if you will.....

also... if you end up getting a Canon... don't worry... you have Avril Lavigne on your team!!! HHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAHAA!!!!

You really aren't going to get unbiased information here. Best bet is to go to a nearby photography store and hold each yourself and do the online research for facts rather than bias. My suggestion would be to check PCWorld or CNet for their reviews, they are usually very blunt and tell you the best deals.

I cannot say whether or not the D60 is better than the 400D... but I can let you see some of my photos taken with the 400D, XTi. I bought this as my first camera and I am pleased with the results. Perhaps this will help you get an idea of the XTi from a newbie stand point.

http://cabusi.smugmug.com

You can't go wrong with either, really. The low end Nikons (D40, D40x and D60) can't autofocus all of Nikon's lenses, which some people think is a big negative, but in reality it's not that bad since most of the new lenses will work (any lens with AF-S in the name).

Buying the camera is just the tip of the iceberg, really. You need to look at all the available accessories (the complete "system"). Canon and Nikon both have great lenses. Some people say Nikon has a better flash system and is more ergonomic and has better menus, but that will be up for you to decide. I went with Nikon and I am very happy! :) Good luck with your decision!

I really don't think you will be unhappy with either choice, I chose canon because I used Nikon at uni and didn't really like the feel, everyone likes different things, just go to a shop and play.

www.cameralabs.com is a good review website it may help

also... if you end up getting a Canon... don't worry... you have Avril Lavigne on your team!!! HHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAHAA!!!!
Oh, yeah, well you'll be saaaaaooooooooooo much cooler with Nikon and Kutcher!

Excuse me while I go vomit.

You can go to websites like popphoto.com and search for their reviews for both of the cameras and compare them. Then as others have suggested, go to a camera shop and handle them some. Both are fine entry level cameras and you won't go wrong with either.

dpreviedw.com

and go to a store and try them both out, that is the only way you can make the big decison. i was choosing between my xsi and the nikon d60, went to the store and HATED the d60 and loved the xsi :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back