D60 still viable today?

Daniel said:
This thing about the 350D/XT being to small I think is frankly nonsense. I'm 6'3 size 11 feet hands comparable size to that and I don't tihnk it's too small to use at all. I don't think its less or more comfortable to use than my Canon 1n which is considerably bigger.

Saying sweepingly that it is too big is not a good thing.

Just have noticed alot of people saying this and it may disaude people from getting the camera peple actually might have preferred.

It is as nonsense to you as it isnt to me... it is totally a personal preference... and since I use a 1D Mark II and every one of my other pro and prosumer cameras I own have a battery grip the feel of the Rebel XT IS too small for me... and that is practical experience as I have owned one previous. Try handholding that camera with a Canon 70-200L IS or another larger lens and then try the same set up on a full body pro camera and you will find out the balance and size works much better on the larger camera. It isnt a fact... but it is a good opinion...

Orgnoi1 and a_scayola, I think this really is a point of personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. And everyone should try out and find the camera he likes most in that respect.

As said above, I, like Orgnoi1, prefer something more balanced, sturdy and heavy in my hands, since I simply shoot better then! (unfortunately I am a backpacker often, so I have to be careful not to get too heavy gear ;) ).
BUT, that does not mean, that with a_scayola it could be the other way round. He probably shoots equally good or even better with a lighter and smaller camera.

So everyone be happy with what he prefers! :) Just make sure you get the right thing for you personally :)

Well, after deciding to get the D60 I realized that the 10D is not really going for much more money.
A week of searching has finally paid off and my new (to me) 10D is due to arrive in a couple days. Can't wait!! Hopefully you'll be seing some new pics from me very shortly. :) :) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back