D600 shutter oil spot question

My D600 had it worst in the upper left

back to 2 Nikons @coastalconn A FX and a DX ?
you'll have to provide a comparison on low light/ISO between the two.

I still recall the day you jumped to Canon so that when you were on tv you could have a white lens .. haha :)
Yup fx and DX.. As I always say, if you fill the frame on FX IQ is better(if your FX can get the shot), once you start cropping everything evens out. I did an informal test and IQ is better from the D500 and 500 F4 then it is with the D600, 500 F4 and 1.4x TC at higher ISO

oh that's bs, they know damn right a cleaning wont work!
My shutter count didn't go back to zero on my EXIF data sets, so I presumed that they didn't replace, but to be sure I went and dug up my packing slip from June and it appears they DID replace the shutter! Surprised the shutter count wasn't reset to zero....View attachment 125502[/QUOTE

They may view it as similar to clocking a car, Do you reset the odometer if you put in a new engine even thought the car might have travelled 100 K, I don't know

I'll be calling them about mine soon -- I've only had mine back for about 1600 shots and the smear is back.

shenandoah.jpg

looks like classic d600 spots. get a d610.

You guys are scaring me. My used D600 from adorama ships out today. I should have it before the weekend.

Is there truth to what they use to say, about "once you get 3-5K shutter count, it goes away? Mine will have a shutter count of 30-31K.

Is there truth to what they use to say, about "once you get 3-5K shutter count, it goes away? Mine will have a shutter count of 30-31K.
maybe
maybe not

even with a shutter replacement people still get flinging oil issues.
But you would think it would stop sooner or later.

maybe
maybe not

even with a shutter replacement people still get flinging oil issues.
But you would think it would stop sooner or later.

One must pray! Ha! Trusting in Adorama's service. They do rock!

I purchased my d600 from cameta camera "refurbished"
well, refurbished EXCEPT for a shutter replacement.
I had to send it in to Nikon for that after a short while.

I bought mine used from KEH with around 50k clicks...for what it's worth.

I bought mine used from KEH with around 50k clicks...for what it's worth.

My D600 arrives on Friday. Fingers crossed. If I have the issue, I can simply return it to adorama, or send it to Nikon, for free, to have them correct it.
But I hope it's good to go, out of the box.

My D600 came. I love it. I want to keep it. It has the oil dust issue. I am shipping it to Nikon tomorrow, for the free repair.
welcome to the land of FullFrame.
Oh wait ... d800 ... d700 ... all those old FX lenses ... nevermind :)

My D600 came. I love it. I want to keep it. It has the oil dust issue. I am shipping it to Nikon tomorrow, for the free repair.
welcome to the land of FullFrame.
Oh wait ... d800 ... d700 ... all those old FX lenses ... nevermind :)

When my D600 arrived, I shot some images of my son at school “meet the teacher day” with my old 50mm 1.8D.
Images were awesome! I was very pleased. Got home and decided to shoot the sky, above my house, with the same 50mm, and the D600, followed by the same shot with my D800.
D800 shot had a couple faint dust spots in the sky. Nothing abnormal. D600 shot was loaded with dark dust/oil spots, top left, big time, and a few in other areas towards the top and along the left.
I was bummed. I could have simply returned it to adorama, but I landed a killer deal on this one. So I printed my UPS label, etc, and it’s on its way to Nikon to be corrected.

I checked my d600. no oil spots.
bummer. I'm sure they cleaned it while it was in last month.

Most reactions

Back