D610 or D750

I just finished reading a few reviews comparing the two and decided ill never get one :p

Nikon 50mm 1.4G vs 50mm 1.8G - ima foto

I could still see splurging for the 58mm as it seems to handle itself better than the 50mm in many regards, but would still only make sense if I was going to be using it a majority of my shoots and could justify it.

Do you mean you'll never get a 50mm 1.8G and 1.4G, or just the 1.4G? I've heard some hate against the 1.8G, and I still don't understand it (other than possibly copy variation).

Going with the 1.8G

Alright I'm curious (and I don't want to make a new thread):

How is the ISO performance of the D750 over the D610? And how is the exposure recovery on the D750 over the D610?

I have Googled through as many comparisons as I can find, and I just can't find a good enough one. One I found made the D750 look amazing, but then I looked and it seems like they were comparing JPeg (not RAW), with a ton of noise reduction turned on for the D750.

I've heard that the D750 at ISO 12800 is like the D610 at ISO 6400, but I refuse to believe the difference is that huge. I know the contrast and colors are better on the D750 at ISO 3200 and up, according to some identical shot comparisons I've seen.

I don't know... anyone have a great link or great video? I've seen the Matt Granger one, and a bunch of other ones, lots of Googling, but again... there's a lot of fluff information.

Alright I'm curious (and I don't want to make a new thread):

How is the ISO performance of the D750 over the D610? And how is the exposure recovery on the D750 over the D610?

I have Googled through as many comparisons as I can find, and I just can't find a good enough one. One I found made the D750 look amazing, but then I looked and it seems like they were comparing JPeg (not RAW), with a ton of noise reduction turned on for the D750.

I've heard that the D750 at ISO 12800 is like the D610 at ISO 6400, but I refuse to believe the difference is that huge. I know the contrast and colors are better on the D750 at ISO 3200 and up, according to some identical shot comparisons I've seen.

I don't know... anyone have a great link or great video? I've seen the Matt Granger one, and a bunch of other ones, lots of Googling, but again... there's a lot of fluff information.
I will not claim I know from experience the differences between D610 and D750 as I never really used a D610 but the native ISO on it is 6400ISO while the D750 has max ISO of 12800.
I think the jump in ISO is only 1/3 of a stop between 6400 and 12800 which considering the D610 really is a D600 and the D750 is only 6 months old then 1/3 of a stop improvement is reasonable and not a huge improvment.

In many areas the D750 is better then the D610 but not by much.
Main advanatge really is AF system.

Alright thanks. I'm seriously considering picking one up tomorrow. There's a sale for $2200 Canadian (which is really good since the exchange rate is $1 Canadian to $0.81 US). I want to up my ISO game with my 150-600, and I sort-of want to dump my 18-35 Art due to some OCD issues (functions perfectly but I can't get over the little bit of play on the focus ring).

I sold my 70-300 for $360, I expect to get between $700 and $760 for my 18-35 Art, and I expect to get $300-$360 for my 10-20. The D5200 I think I could get $360-$380 for with an extra battery. Realistic? Hopefully. Sadly my 18-35 Art isn't even a year old, and I think I paid after import fees and exchange rate about $950 (Canadian) for it. I think I'll be netting having wasted $100 from the UWA, and $200 from the Art lens (and I don't chock the D5200 to a loss since it got used nicely). Then again, if I got the D750 8 months ago, I'd be spending $300 more or so.

sounds like a plan. Youll love the D750.

I have used both the d600 and the d750. I think the d750 files are cleaner than the d600 at high ISO. So the grip is much deeper and feels better in the hands.
The d750 which I have refuses to work with D lens .. So dunno maybe you would want to check it before buying and also the d750 comes in two editions. With and without wifi.
Hope this helps

I didn't know it was available with or without WiFi.

It's not available without WiFi.

It is, the model is the D750 K. Page 281 of the user manual addresses it.

I'm not sure which countries Nikon supplies that version to, or whether it's a special-order type of thing.

Interesting. I've been researching this camera for the better part of 3 months and have yet to see, rear or hear ANYONE mention this. I'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually owns that version. Is it any cheaper I wonder???

Im having a hard time making a choice between the two. I realize the 750 is the newer and has some upgrades compared to the 610 but wondering if it's worth the $500 difference. I shoot landscape mostly. If I was to set them up with the same lens and take the same shot would I see a difference? I'm hoping someone has done this already. I think I know the answer but looking for outside help. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
I had the same question. But you can get the 610 so much cheaper at a refurbished price for almost the same features minus the gimmicks. And if you're not going over 6400, just go save a dollar with the 610

As I've said before - the "gimmicks" of the D750 are very, very helpful stuff - like a much better AF including face detection outside lifeview, a flipscreen, 100% magnification of the focus point in review mode (able to quickly check if focus was nailed), buildin WiFi, etc.

The D750 is the camera the D600 (and D610) should already have been.

The IQ however wont increase too much. And no, of course ISO 12k on the D750 isnt as good as ISO 6400 on the D6x0. That would be a twice as good performance. Still, my D600 is brilliant until 6400, then suddenly theres a huge drop - I would thus hope the D750 allows still useable ISO 12k.

But you can also say 6400 on the d750 is just as good as the D610 at 6400.

The reason for the drop off is because the native high iso is 6400. If you are shooting at 12K, then youre capturing a shot at 6400 and pushing it 1EV after the fact.

yes they do come with and without wifi. The one without is called as D750 (k). The high ISO files from d600 and the d750 are different. Cleaner yes but I think the colours are better on the d750 as well.

Most reactions

Back