D610 Price Drops

DevC

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Becoming quite an affordable way to get into full frame.
B&H has the camera body only listed at 1600 bucks (just about). When the D750 was released, it was 1700. Recall, the 750 wasn't released much too long ago.

Nikon D610 DSLR Camera Body 1540 B&H Photo Video
I'm somewhat surprised by just how quick the sheer price drop of this camera is. For a camera that is almost exactly the same as the d750 (a few less autofocus points which would eitherway be useless for most landscapes/ basic studio work, a .5 extra FPS, and a tilty screen which i'd find useless eitherway), the 610 seems like to be a steal of a deal right now.

Shades of Xmas 2013 with deals on the doomed D600. It's the cheapest FX in the stable and looks it, too(really just a D7100 with an FX sensor). D610/750 specs aren't quite as similar as you're suggesting and the performance edge over the D7100 might not be worth the extra 700 bucks. Nikon's got a pile of merch it needs to move this season and prices on the D610 will probably continue to drift lower in 2015.

I've been eyeballing them as well, thinking about picking one up for a second body.

Shades of Xmas 2013 with deals on the doomed D600. It's the cheapest FX in the stable and looks it, too(really just a D7100 with an FX sensor). D610/750 specs aren't quite as similar as you're suggesting and the performance edge over the D7100 might not be worth the extra 700 bucks. Nikon's got a pile of merch it needs to move this season and prices on the D610 will probably continue to drift lower in 2015.

I don't see that much of performance difference. In most optimal conditions (what 80% of the population will shoot), they probably will not see no more no real difference in what they shoot. Now for action/sports you may see a somewhat increase in quality at high ISO but even those could be negligible unless you are extremely low light.

Unless I am missing something here.

Heck, it almost makes me want to sell my D700 and pick up another D610 for the price!

wasn't the d600 with a 24-85 selling for 1995 last Christmas?

I'm somewhat surprised by just how quick the sheer price drop of this camera is. For a camera that is almost exactly the same as the d750 (a few less autofocus points which would eitherway be useless for most landscapes/ basic studio work, a .5 extra FPS, and a tilty screen which i'd find useless eitherway), the 610 seems like to be a steal of a deal right now.

The differences are not so minor as you make it sounds like but no doubt the D600/610 is a damn fine camera getting closer and closer to the top DX prices.
I believe Nikon has an adgenda to make as many Nikon users move to FX and I think their tactics of making such an interesting FX models in different prices indeed achivable and enticing (hope I did misspelled that).

Shades of Xmas 2013 with deals on the doomed D600. It's the cheapest FX in the stable and looks it, too(really just a D7100 with an FX sensor).

Actually the D600/610 are more like a D7000 with a FF sensor, remember the D600 was made when the D7000 was the top DX camera.

This makes it more and more temping to switch over to Nikon. But I'm not ready to drop $$ on a FX camera, and don't want to waste money on another crop body

The differences are not so minor as you make it sounds like
but no doubt the D600/610 is a damn fine camera getting closer and closer to the top DX prices.
I believe Nikon has an adgenda to make as many Nikon users move to FX and I think their tactics of making such an interesting FX models in different prices indeed achivable and enticing (hope I did misspelled that).

What are the major differences? Really doesn't seem as much on paper. yes one is bigger and heavier, other one is lighter etc. Heck if we even want to go to DXOmarks the 610 scored higher as i'm aware.
And i agree, the 610 is a damn nice camera. Probably the best bang for the buck atm.

The differences are not so minor as you make it sounds like
but no doubt the D600/610 is a damn fine camera getting closer and closer to the top DX prices.

What are the major differences? Really doesn't seem as much on paper. yes one is bigger and heavier, other one is lighter etc. Heck if we even want to go to DXOmarks the 610 scored higher as i'm aware.
And i agree, the 610 is a damn nice camera. Probably the best bang for the buck atm.
Now with D610 prices going down it indeed just might be best FF camera for the buck the world!.

Lets see differences between D610 and D750

1.Metering system
2.AF system
3.Bigger buffer
4.0.5 FPS
5.Tilting screen
6.WiFi
7.Higher resolution screen (0.92k vs 1.2k)
8.Longer battery life (900 vs 1230)
9.1/3 stop higher native ISO higher
10.Image processor (Expeed 3 vs 4)
11.Better video

Not writing this to knock the D610 down, most of the stuff in that list is really not that important for most users but the main thing for me that made me go for the D750 over the D610 were the AF system which is a big step forward.
The one on the D610 is good, the one on the D750 is awesome! (yep that the most technical term I could find LOL).

I'm waiting for used D600/D610 prices to get below 1000.00. I'd really like a second body.

For a camera that is almost exactly the same as the d750 (a few less autofocus points which would eitherway be useless for most landscapes/ basic studio work, a .5 extra FPS, and a tilty screen which i'd find useless eitherway), the 610 seems like to be a steal of a deal right now.
What the frak ? The D750 also offers:

- the top AF of any Nikon (not even the D810 and D4s have it, yet)
- top metering as well
- slightly larger AF field
- face detection AF
- Builtin WiFi
- Improved sensor with native High ISO 12800
- Slightly smaller and more lightweight body, and according to Ming Thein its easier to hold, too (he is able to hold it with no cramping even after hours)

Also of course the tilt screen is uber useful, the main feature I was missing from my old D5100.

wasn't the d600 with a 24-85 selling for 1995 last Christmas?

Last Dec I bought my refurbished D600 for just over $1100 when all was said and done.

While the D610 is still a good camera, the D750 has some very good specs. If you don't need all those extras you get with a D750, then there's no shame in a D610. You'll still be able to take really bad pictures with both.

Most reactions

Back