D610 Users: Chime in

Came from d90 to d610 and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. As long as you have the lenses to support FF, it'll be LIGHTYEARS ahead of where you were or at least thats how I felt.

Feel free to check out my flickr page, my most recents were shot with the d610. It's still fairly new to me, so there aren't a ton of shots in there.

What lens(es) are you using with the 610?

Wow. Great frames, Sean. That 85mm 1.4 does justice. Sigma, correct?

I was never really satisfied with the 85 on the d90, but on the 610, it's fantastic. And yes, it's the Sigma.

Thanks for the kind words in my images :)

I am another happy D610 shooter. I upgraded from the D7000 and the ISO performance just blows me away. Did a comparison at 25,600 and the results were shocking..actually usable on the D610...in black in white with some noise reduction...but I don't shoot at that high of a ISO anyways..rarely go above 6400. The other thing I was shocked about was the amount of dynamic range from a full frame sensor vs crop sensor.

Right now I'm waiting for Nikon to release the advance firmware, so I can get the updated white balance, histogram and flat picture style for video.

I was all for the 610 at first but I was afraid that if I obtained it... I would want to go further sooner rather than later. So I figured going with the 750 I will be set for many more years, ultimately saving myself money in the elongated journey.

Sean-- the 50mm you mentioned above... is it Nikon glass or Sigma? I need to figure out what lenses to get to accompany the new body when they get back from recall. I have the 28-105 3.5-4.5 with macro already which has always been a great piece... but I am curious as to what wave to ride in terms of primes. I've used the Sigma 50mm 1.4 before on my D90 and was quite partial to the performance and size... but I have read it has issues focusing in live view? When I used it I can't recall using live view. What other FX lenses would any of you recommend--tried and true? Obviously I know you have to pay to play, and good glass is not cheap. But as always, there's ways to obtain high quality without completely burning a hole in your bank account.

I haven't experienced Rokino glass as of yet, how is it?

Last edited:
Update for anyone that cares-- I got the D750 today. It's a beaut, ergonomics are amazing. Anyone selling any FX primes?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back