D70 focus question.

Outcast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've had my Nikon D70 for about a month now and I've noticed that I'm occasionally suffering from the 'soft focus' that I've heard quite a bit about on the D70.

I've discounted the infamous 'back focus' issue, as test shots have come out OK. I'm also sure that it's focused on the subject properly. So why is this happening?

I shoot mostly in P mode, and under that setting the camera automatically defaults to the widest aperture. Could this be a factor in the problem?

I've read that if I stop down to f/8 or f/11 I'll get a sharper image....or at least that might give me more 'focus tolerance' Does this sound plausible?

Have any D70 owners had a similar issue?

Outcast said:
I shoot mostly in P mode, and under that setting the camera automatically defaults to the widest aperture. Could this be a factor in the problem?

I've read that if I stop down to f/8 or f/11 I'll get a sharper image....or at least that might give me more 'focus tolerance' Does this sound plausible?

I don't know squat about the D70, but I know a little about cameras in general. :wink:

You need to read up on Depth Of Field (DOF). Check it out here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3362

Most reactions

New Topics

Back