D70 or 10d

Which is better?

• Total voters
Neither one is better that the other

I got the 10D, because I already had a Canon EOS 1 and lenses, my dissection to go with Canon was about two years ago and was based on two things. #1 I have and still use the Canon A-1 and have been very happy with them. And #2 at the time Canon was the only manufacture with image stabilizing lenses. I believe Nikon also has them now.

yo, I'm just kidding bro... everyone knows that both the equipments are top notch in its class!

Cheers!

I vote for the 10D... First it's lowest ISO is 100 as opposed to
ISO 200 on the Nikon. Therefore the Nikon produces more noise.
The Nikon images have more noise overall. See the reviews at
dpreview.com...

Handling- and brand-wise everybody should use what suits
their personal preferences best.

If it would be for a new digital SLR now - EOS 20D for me.
Nikon (digital) gets more and more behind it seems...

dpreview.com...

Bah, who cares about infinitesimal differences in picture quality when you'll miss the shot with the 10D anyway because it takes all day to start up :wink:

I vote D70 because it's a much faster camera. 8)

doxx said:
If it would be for a new digital SLR now - EOS 20D for me.

Would you pick 20D over 1D?

Ant said:
dpreview.com...

Bah, who cares about infinitesimal differences in picture quality when you'll miss the shot with the 10D anyway because it takes all day to start up :wink:

I vote D70 because it's a much faster camera. 8)
:roll: 20D has that too... :twisted: :wink:

And it 10D doesn't eat batteries when it's on, so you can just leave it and it's ready :p :wink: :lol:

I think it speaks volumes for the quality of the D70 that it's even being compared to the 10D considering it's not even supposed to be in the same class.

It was developed as a competitor to the digital rebel not the 10D. Strictly speaking we should be comparing the D100 to the 10D and even then there are independant reviewers out there that say the D70 is a better camera than the 10D

Ant said:
I think it speaks volumes for the quality of the D70 that it's even being compared to the 10D considering it's not even supposed to be in the same class.

It was developed as a competitor to the digital rebel not the 10D. Strictly speaking we should be comparing the D100 to the 10D and even then there are independant reviewers out there that say the D70 is a better camera than the 10D

:p Go Nikon!

While I'm a nikon owner, I must say the 20D has a lot going for it, at least until the next nikon's are released. ;)

One of the biggest reasons is the CMOS vs CCD; CMOS has a TON less noise than it's CCD counterparts.

I bought my nikon after comparing photos on dpreview.com. My camera was much better at reproducing bold (warm) colors than it's canon equivelant. :)

Most reactions

Back