D70 Vertical Grip is here!

i have a nikon N80 (film) i wonder if theres a vertical grip for that?....haven't found one on nikon's website, but would anyone else make one?

Sweet does this mean you are gonna get one. I got one for my 300D and it adds quit a bit of wanted meat to the camera. plus it double s the battery life and makes the action shots so much more fun.

mygrain said:
Sweet does this mean you are gonna get one. I got one for my 300D and it adds quit a bit of wanted meat to the camera. plus it double s the battery life and makes the action shots so much more fun.

I dunno. Price is "kinda" high for a vertical grip. Price will hopefully drop after the first run. Probably just ride it out for a bit and wait. Just glad to see someone came out with one.

People have been complaining about this thing on other forums, but I think it looks excellent, especially considering the D70 was built without any provisions for an OEM grip. It's a nice trick they came up with to allow the shutter release to work (an IR transmitter in the grip and a fibre optic cable to transmit it to the IR receiver on the body). You can also plug a canon remote switch into the thing and use that on your D70 now, if wireless remotes annoy you too much.

Patrick said:
I dunno. Price is "kinda" high for a vertical grip. Price will hopefully drop after the first run. Probably just ride it out for a bit and wait. Just glad to see someone came out with one.

Well, considering these things are probably hand assembled by a small company with limited production capability... it's not bad...

Most reactions

Back