D70 vs 300D

It really depends on which system you want to buy into. The D70 is a better camera when it comes to control and features... But Canon has a better lens line up.

There are people around here that have one or the the other...do you have any specific questions?

This has been discussed on just about every photo web site over the past year...try a search.

The D70 has more features, out of the box but it seems that a lot of people are downloading the firmware hack for the 300D which gives it some of the functions of the 10D.

Look around for dropping prices of the 300D. I read somewhere that Canon may be discounting it to compete with some of the newer DSLRs and/or getting ready to release an upgraded model.

d70 outstrips the 300d in some respects--burst frame rate, etc., but the 300d has a better lens lineup (as voods suggested), and the 300d has a better overall sensor.

Both have plastic bodies, but after handling both, the d70 just feels a bit more 'toy-like' to me. :shrug: Maybe I'm just used to the heft of my 300d with the battery grip making it feel more beefy.

Shark said:
Both have plastic bodies, but after handling both, the d70 just feels a bit more 'toy-like' to me. :shrug: Maybe I'm just used to the heft of my 300d with the battery grip making it feel more beefy.
That's comparing apples and oranges. Without the battery grip, the 300d does feel more toy like.

I see all your points, and it looks like a D70 would suit me better, but I do love the cannon range...is a the cannon cheaper?

THe canon is less expensive, but I've heard that the kit lens with the Nikon is better.

And Chad, I disagree--I still say the nikon feels 'toy-ish'. ;) :p

Also, Nikon has yet to even come out with a battery grip for the d70, as far as I know.

Most reactions

Back