D70 vs D70s

maxbennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am most likely purchasing either a D70 or a D70s by tomorrow or the day after (Thurs/Fri). I'm obviously going to ask the salesperson a million questions before I make the final descision (weather or not to get the s), but is there anyone who has some personal experience with both that have much to say? I know all the technical differences, but what about stuff like weight and size? Another thing that confuses me is the price. At some places the S is more expensive, and sometimes it's the other way around.

Anything?

max

Hello !!!
I am about to make the same momentous decision!!. Having looked at the indepth reviews out there i am going to make a beeline for the D70s !! It apparently has a better onboard screen menu and the images are apparently improved too !! :)

i'm pretty sure the size and weight are almost identical. as for the specs, DEFINITELY go with the d70s. there are several improvements. you can feel both in the store and see what feels best to you, but for the most part, i'm pretty sure the size and weight havent changed much.

I believe the main differences with d70s are the larger screen, a place for hard wire cable release, and better battery (you can buy the same battery for d70).

All the other differences, including menu, AF, etc. can be made to the d70 via firmware update. There is absolutely no difference in the quality of the pictures. Both cameras use the same CCD and processing.

With the rebate, I think the d70 with the kit lens is about $300 cheaper than the d70s. Personally, I would save the $300. Only problem will be that I think most stores are sold out on the d70 so you may have problems getting it.

Most reactions

Back