D700 too much of a camera for me?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1yJwvWCrw"]whatever gets you through the night[/ame]

It's no skin off my nose and I'm happy you are enjoying your lens. However, it's a bit more than the doo-dahs. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1yJwvWCrw"]:peacemrgreen:[/ame]

To the OP:

Please enjoy the D300 or D700. Each are great camera bodies in and of themselves. As has been mentioned, get the proper glass for either body. Each deserves top shelf IMO.

If you are asking this question, yes.

Thank you all for your feedbacks especially tharmsen for your response to my last post. I have decided to wait until May to hopefully buy the D700 because I think having it before the end of my university exams would be a very bad idea.

If you are asking this question, yes.
Let's not make such rash judgements.

Everyone starts somewhere. The fact that the OP wants to circumvent the stair steps of upgrading two or three times is not an undesirable venture. Let's face it, the steps from P&S to dSLR is a common theme and desire. Why do so many suggest less than the OP has questions of? Likely it's jealousy. The fact that they can or are willing to spend money that many here do not possess. It's all about envy, rather than trying to help them get the best that they are willing to pay for. There will always be a learning curve from one format to another. Just because you (anyone that is jealous) can't afford the jump, doesn't mean it is not the right move for someone else. Granted they may use the *ewwww* P mode in the short term, doesn't mean they will not blossom and use the more creative modes in due time.

I believe, in general, we all too often become suspect of others only out of a lack of understanding and a futile resentment of economic situation. I applaud someone able and willing to make such a huge jump in a hobby that I love. Kudos to the OP.

i dunno man, I just went to Ritz to check out the D90 yesterday since I've been debating between going FX or DX. . .

and I've been shooting with my D40 for years (well past my learning point, that's another story, had the economy not tanked, I would've jumped on a newer body earlier). . .

AND to be fair, the D90 was intuitive, but took sometime to get up to speed, especially with all that new found control.

But I have several years of frustration from using the menu-driven system of the D40 series, AND know what I want, when I want it, and how I can use it.

If I had JUST bought the D700, I think it would've largely been a waste for 12-14 months minimum, since I would've been missing shots trying to learn to use the darn thing.

But that's just me. . .maybe other amateurs would agree?

So yeah, I'm thinking the D90 is enough DX to suit my purposes, just waiting for the D40 replacement announcement from Nikon to force the prices down a smidge. . .or for Canon to announce their new body, forcing Nikon's hand in the body war a little. . .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back