d7000 replacement

mach0 non taken, its just common sense i get some benefits of the full frame body but they don't out-weight the price for me right now and since this will be my first dslr i figure i don't need more than the d7000 has to offer.

mach0 non taken, its just common sense i get some benefits of the full frame body but they don't out-weight the price for me right now and since this will be my first dslr i figure i don't need more than the d7000 has to offer.

and that is a completely reasonable and rational decision. The D7k is a great camera. I made the same decision a year and a half ago for the same reasons.

Nobody knows. If you want a camera, buy a camera.
There are plenty to choose from - new and used.

That being said. there are certain patterns:

Photokina is September 18-23, announcements are often timed around that event.
D300s is the most over due for refresh - will the DX pro line continue on?.
Earthquake, tsunami, floods, and economic turmoil have changed the equation and timing.
Entry Level 24 MP and D800 36MP cameras don't leave much room for differentiation between price points.

I suspect 1 - maybe 2 - lines will end.
I don't think it will be the DX pro body.

Thenagain, I don't know shat.

Go buy a camera and have fun.
Decide what body you can afford, and then get the next level up.
Then keep it for 3 years and buy glass as you see fit, but only buy quality glass.

Did I say have fun? If not ..

Have fun.

:)

I just bought a D7000 and I was also wondering about an impending upgrade. Now that I've used the D7000 for a week, I don't even care. The D7000 is so well thought out that upgrading it will be quite a task. I don't think I need more than 16MP, I can do everything I need to do with the APS-C size sensor and the low light capability of the present model is just fine. I will probably stick with the D7000 until the upgrade to its' upgrade comes out in about 8 years.

I almost wonder if the better question to ask at this point is what will happen to the price of the D7k? Its already $100 off from a promo that was supposed to end in June, but now it's out until July 28. If there is in fact a D7100 out there, or if the D600 FX will render a 7100 irrelevant, does anyone think the price for a NIB D7k will sink any more than the current $1095 its currently selling for? Personally, I'd like to see it drop to about $800 body only and pair it with the rumored 16-85 f/4 :thumbup:

I atually left this site and went over to B+H website. A new D7k is in fact $1095, but they have a refurbished D300 for $1069. I more familiar with the entry level bodies (3100/5100/7000) Would it be a better choice to get the refurb D300 for pretty much the same money as the new D7k?

Last edited:
I just bought a D7000 and I was also wondering about an impending upgrade. Now that I've used the D7000 for a week, I don't even care.

Yep many think that way about their D90 like me. As for the most part the D90 satisfies most of the lust for a D7000. Way too many spend way too much agonizing over newer what if cameras. Find one that fits your budget and get some good glass and flash and learning should be the subject to agonize over not what new body may or may not come. As there is always a newer & improved around the corner.

And a D7000 will be a camera you can grow into over next 2-3 years.
But don't forget glass is just as if not more important than the body.

Most reactions

Back