ashleysmithd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ashleysmithd.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

It's difficult to make a decision as the camera isn't yet for sale nor are all the lens combinations Nikon claim to offer on their web site so I don't know the price difference between the kits.

I was originally looking at the 16-85mm, however from reading various reviews and it seems asthough it's probably better to get the 18-200mm instead.

I was originally thinking about a 16-85 kit lens and then later getting a 70-300mm Nikon.

Of course, the latter option will work out more expensive, but not by a mile.

What would people here do?

Thanks

Primes are cheaper and great, but I would rather have the room of the zoom of your other choice. If you have the 50 on there, then 50 is all you have to work with.

There are some brand-new Nikkor lenses introduced this last three weeks...I'd definitely NOT buy a prime lens as my first lens for a D7000. Get a zoom. Usage and budget will determine which models you can afford to choose from.

Very few people I know actually shoot much with primes, although a $100 50mm 1.8 might be a great start until you know what lens you really need. The biggest concern of course is what do you shoot?

Allan

Most reactions

Back