D7100 buffer slows down after 3 raws

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a go with the d7100 and i have turned most of the auto corrections and things off and now my buffer can take 3 fast shots, then after that it grinds to near a complete halt. I'm using the same cards i used with my d3200 that gave me 13 shots before it filled, but now with the d7100 it slows down after 3 raws. here is the sd Card

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is your point?

Did you turn on ADL and lens correction? That sort of stuff bogs the buffer down.

1) Format the SD card to the D7100. If you formatted it to the D3200 and moved it to the D7100, do a new format in the camera.

2) Are you shooting only in RAW? If you're shooting in RAW + Jpeg, switch to just RAW.

3) Turn off all extra corrections that would normally be for Jpeg, as stated above. Active D-Lighting off, lens corrections off, everything off. You actually would want those things off anyways, since they can mess with the way your RAW files are read by 3rd party programs (ex. Lightroom).

Yes i turned off all the above mentioned things, i can only get 3 fast shots.

that card only writes at 40 mb/sec max, just fwiw.

what does the R[xxx] show on the lower right of the LCD panel? that will show how many shots remain in the buffer.

For example, my D600 will display 15 when set to RAW. I can go through 15 images before I'm up against the write speed of the card.

real life:

You have to use fast (as in 95 mb/sec read and write speed) SD cards or it will do that every single time.

what does the R[xxx] show on the lower right of the LCD panel? that will show how many shots remain in the buffer.

For example, my D600 will display 15 when set to RAW. I can go through 15 images before I'm up against the write speed of the card.

real life:

So its the card. That little display shows 3 where yours says 15.

What card do you recommend to get the most out of the buffer?

real life:

So its the card. That little display shows 3 where yours says 15.

What card do you recommend to get the most out of the buffer?

mmm strange shooting raw with the d7100 and the little number for me says 6 with, in teory, the same config as you..

Do you also use the same card as i do currently?

12-bit v. 14-bit can also make a big difference.

Most reactions

Back