D7100 buffer slows down after 3 raws

Thanks Scraig, that seems to be the one Sparky also recommends. Did you look into this card?

The numbers tossed out by manufacturers are usually read speeds and do not reflect the write speed. Sad to say, camera manufacturers don't specify what the maximum write speed is for their products. It sure would be nice if they did so we don't go buying $800 cards only to find out that a $50 card is fast enough.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks Scraig, that seems to be the one Sparky also recommends. Did you look into this card?

The numbers tossed out by manufacturers are usually read speeds and do not reflect the write speed. Sad to say, camera manufacturers don't specify what the maximum write speed is for their products. It sure would be nice if they did so we don't go buying $800 cards only to find out that a $50 card is fast enough.

The research I did lead me to believe that the max write speed on most camera SD slots at the moment is 104 mps or something very close to that neighborhood. I can't confirm that with 100% accuracy but it's most likely a pretty good estimate.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So its the card. That little display shows 3 where yours says 15.

What card do you recommend to get the most out of the buffer?
Buffer is internal. Not due to card.

Just get a Sandisk extreme pro card. They work well, and I think have a 95mb/s read speed and 90mb/s write.

Anyhow, thanks for the help folks. Hopefully i'll figure out what i'm doing wrong down the line, i'll focus on getting shots for now. I was actually planning to go today, but this problem took up all my time before i knew it :distracted:. I'm a bit rusty, time to get back on that horse. :icon_camera:

Anyhow, thanks for the help folks. Hopefully i'll figure out what i'm doing wrong down the line, i'll focus on getting shots for now. I was actually planning to go today, but this problem took up all my time before i knew it :distracted:. I'm a bit rusty, time to get back on that horse. :icon_camera:

It's like riding a bike. You'll have it back in no time.

Technically, your buffer doesn't slow down. It just gets full. What slowed down was your frame rate.

It's like riding a bike. You'll have it back in no time.
What if i never learned how to ride a bike? Do i put my camera up for sale?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back