D7100 neck strap

this one? Amazon.com: Black Rapid RS-Sport 2 "Slim" Sling Camera Strap with BRAD, ConnectR-2 & FastenR-3: Camera & Photo now with the camera down there, doesnt it move alot when you walk? making it hard to walk?

I just adjusted the length so my camera rides just slighly above the hip - doesn't move much at all when I'm walking.

you have the slim or the regular one?

BlackRapid RS-Sport Extreme Sport Strap RRS-1BB

That's the model I went with, I'm a pretty big guy and I've got really wide shoulders.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Love my Black Rapid RS-7... I don't use it as much as i should :(

The straps Nikon provide work much better as a shoulder strap than as a neck strap.
The Nikon strap works best if your neck is not inside the strap, but that means it is possible to drop the camera.
However, note that the underside of the Nikon strap has material that clings to clothing very well adding a measure of security to not having your head/neck inside the strap.
You should also note that carrying a camera slung just over a shoulder does make it a easier for some one to snatch it.

But I second the Black Rapid sling type shoulder straps having used them for several years now.

I like to use it as described while I am shooting, but if I am walking some distance I prefer to have my head and an arm through the strap. The camera sit behind me a little and doesn't really bounce around much, especially if I were to stumble or fall.

Op/Tech is the brand that uses neoprene to reduce felt weight by around 50%. I used on on my F3HP + MD4, which is pretty heavy, and on my two D1 series bodies, which each weighed right at 3.8 pounds with their massively heavy old-school batteries.

Camera & Lens Straps & Slings | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama

Will OP/Tech tear? It doesn't look durable.

I regularly hung $3500 TO $5000 Nikon pro bodies on a pair of 15 year-old Op/tech neoprene straps, plus heavy 70-200, 100-300 and other expensive, 48-ounce lenses from their straps. I agree, the looks are deceptive. It's functionality, not gimmickry. If you want EFF-ups, Google Black Rapid + failure. Black Rapid + failure - Google Search

Black Rapid seems to have quite a few failures. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3479698

My avatar is me with an Op/Tech dual harness hanging my D200 with 80-200 2.8 & F4s with 105 1.8- plenty of weight there. Pic was taken after 6+ hours shooting at a festival. The harness distributes the weight very well; I've used O/T gear for going on 10 years with never a problem.

I also use an op/tech strap and can concur it is a well made, sturdy strap.

An issue for me with some of the straps mentioned above is that they attach to the tripod screw hole. What happens if you want to attach the camera to a tripod? I made a shoulder strap using a seat belt width webbing, and a clip that attaches to the eye that the standard strap connects to on the top-side of the camera. To make the opening bigger for an easier onn-off connection, I attached a key ring ring to it. Actually the webbing looks like seat belt webbing, but it is smaller, just over 1" wide. Webbing is often found at camping stores. The hook has a swivelled ending which the webbing slides through so that it works just like the straps mentioned by others.

Here is a picture of the hook on ebay. I attached a key ring to the camera and then this hook to the key ring. Note that the webbing runs easily though it. I joined the webbing together with slide rings. No sewing necessary!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-2-Heavy...ck-Buckle-Webbing-38mm-1-100pcs-/261080844158

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back