D7100 to d600 upgrade question

Prove it. Would like to see some evidence of a successful D600-D610 swap.

Nikon said:
In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number indicated below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model.

Here's a random person that got one:
My D600 was replaced with D610, warranty continues or new?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
and here are a bunch others:
Replacement D610's - what do you get?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
and four others:
Did anyone get their D600 replaced for a D610?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Now where's your proof that they'll replace it with the same, non-D610 fixed, shutter?

They fixed the shutter for the D600 platform. They use the same fixed shutters in the D610. Why in the world would Nikon spend the time/money/headache on replacing the bad shutter with the same bad shutter that will ultimately fail again and just lead to them giving away more parts/labor?

I can save you the trouble of replying and just post this here:

cgq said:
Unsubstantiated Drivel.

I think you are asking the wrong questions really. You are not really upgrading, you are switching from an APSC to full frame system. That is an overriding factor for several reasons, and small AF differences between these two bodies are of negligeable importance compared to that. This is almost like switching from a hatchback to a limo and worrying if the limousine's radio has poorer MW reception.

Prove it. Would like to see some evidence of a successful D600-D610 swap.

Nikon said:
In the event that after this customer service measure has been performed, dust particle spots are still visible in your images, please contact Nikon Customer Relations by phone at the number indicated below to discuss your concern. If appropriate, Nikon will either replace your camera with a new D600 camera or its equivalent model.

Here's a random person that got one:
My D600 was replaced with D610, warranty continues or new?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
and here are a bunch others:
Replacement D610's - what do you get?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
and four others:
Did anyone get their D600 replaced for a D610?: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Now where's your proof that they'll replace it with the same, non-D610 fixed, shutter?

They fixed the shutter for the D600 platform. They use the same fixed shutters in the D610. Why in the world would Nikon spend the time/money/headache on replacing the bad shutter with the same bad shutter that will ultimately fail again and just lead to them giving away more parts/labor?

I can save you the trouble of replying and just post this here:

cgq said:
Unsubstantiated Drivel.

That's not exactly overwhelming evidence, nor does it appear to be from N. America. Several friends went through multiple service runarounds from Nikon.ca and never got the issue resolved, aside from cleanings and shutter replacements that eventually spewed crud as badly as the originals. They were offered new D600s. The D610 swap was never on the table for them. It's a lemon camera and they simply lived with the defect. Nikon effectively resolved the issue with a new model.

I just took a picture with my D600 and it made lemonade.

Last edited:
Wish you guys would have told me I'd love this camera so much.. coming from dx, even one of the best dx cameras, this d600 is amazing. The highlight and shadow recovery is crazy.. almost makes it hard to get a shot exposed so wrong that it cant be fixed in post. That and the high iso performance just floors me.

Put this in this thread for the future person researching possible upgrades. I am very happy about the upgrade.

On the focusing system.. I've found I like this d600 better. Seems like it just works better and more accurate for what I do. May just be biased because I like this d600 so much. Point is, I don't miss nor do I see my self missing the d7100 focusing system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back