D7200 1.3 Crop mode

sparelink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please correct me if i am wrong, If you take a 50mm multiple it by the 1.5 of the DX sensor and then again by 1.3 if using the crop mode?

50mm x 1.5 x 1.3= ~97.5mm effect range?

100mm x 1.5 x 1.3= ~195mm effect range?

You are correct.

You are correct.
What the man said...........Yeap :)

I found the 1.3 crop mode good only to bump my D7100 from 6FPS to 7FPS
Other then that you can just crop the file because that what you are really doing, cropping the sensor.

You are correct.

Other then that you can just crop the file because that what you are really doing, cropping the sensor.

Crop mode also increases your burst ability, as well as reduce image file sizes.

If you're going to crop that much in post anyway, it's a no-brainer to shoot in 1.3x mode.

Crop mode also increases your burst ability, as well as reduce image file sizes.

If you're going to crop that much in post anyway, it's a no-brainer to shoot in 1.3x mode.

Shooting high school sports with a sigma 50-150 I end up cropping a lot anyways

You are correct.

I guess that makes sense, my only problem was that you cant use the full size of the sensor and I was always afraid that the subject will get out of the frame, I found it not to be so intuitive for me.

Turn on your viewfinder screen framing lines and you will see the crop framing lines ... at least on some models. I don't recall the specific function for it but I've used it before.

Turn on your viewfinder screen framing lines and you will see the crop framing lines ... at least on some models. I don't recall the specific function for it but I've used it before.

That's automatic when shooting in crop mode.

50mm x 1.5 x 1.3= ~97.5mm effect range?

100mm x 1.5 x 1.3= ~195mm effect range?
You get the field of view a 97.5 mm lens on a full frame (35 mm) camera would give.
You still get the image quality effects of a 50 mm lens.
Ditto the 100 mm/195 mm on a 35 mm, equivalent.

Most reactions

Back