D7200 duel card write speed

sparelink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I will be using my D7200 to shoot high school sports for a local editorial. I plan to use 2 card, and writing the raw files to both cards. How much will this effect the speed of the camera? If I fill the buffer, will it take longer to clear it if writing to both card vs just one card? Assume that I am using 2 identical high speed cards.

I will be using my D7200 to shoot high school sports for a local editorial. I plan to use 2 card, and writing the raw files to both cards. How much will this effect the speed of the camera? If I fill the buffer, will it take longer to clear it if writing to both card vs just one card? Assume that I am using 2 identical high speed cards.
If I understand correctly you want to set the camera so it writes the first image to card 1 and the next image to card 2. Unfortunately that isn't a setting that's available.

You can use one card as primary and one for overflow, in which case it will write to the first card till it fills up then switch to the second.

You can choose to make on card a backup, in which case the same picture file will be written to both cards. This gives you two copies of the same picture.

Or you can choose one card for raw and the other for jpg. But either way it will still only be writing the first image to both cards. The second image won't start writing till the first is saved.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

It won't affect your shooting one bit. Using one or two cards, the speed is the same.

If I understand correctly you want to set the camera so it writes the first image to card 1 and the next image to card 2..............

Wow. I don't see how in the world you came up with that.........

Most reactions

Back