D7300 realese date known yet?

I almost bought the D500 but after further handing it and a couple test shots nothing really to put it through a demanding test, I just did not feel the love I have for the D7200. no doubt the D500 is true pro level fast sports/wildlife camera, but I just love the cracking Sensor in the D7200 and the camera as a whole so instead,I just picked up a couple pieces of new glass, new strap, teleconverter and some more memory cards.
I really debated between a D5500 and the D500. 24mp vs 20mp ... FPS .. both flippy screen. But I had some needs that the D500 fit. I may still end up with a D5500 or probably some mirrorless at some point for the other needs. But BestBuy gave me a deal I couldn't turn down on it.

I'm looking to sell my d7100 very soon and wanting to upgrade. You folks known when the D7300 will possibly be released?
So have you sold your D7100 and bought a D7200 as stated below?
I own the d7200. The snapbridge is a big reason i want to upgrade. I dont really do any sports and i cant bring myself to spend 2 large on the d500. Just gonna stick to my own lane and wait for the d7300.
If you own both, just sell the D7100 and get the D5xxx that has snapbridge, or what ever its called. You get the funky flip screen too...
No, no, sorry. My brain.exe stopped working there for a second. I own the d7100. :cupcake:

Its gonna be great :)

If there is a D7300 some things should trickle down from the D500 maybe a little faster frame rate, group focus and touch screen would be nice.

If there is a D7300 some things should trickle down from the D500 maybe a little faster frame rate, group focus and touch screen would be nice.
Trickle down cameranomics! yay! :clap:

more info ...
Nikon Rumors

• 20MP sensor from the Nikon D500
  • ISO range: 100 - 51,200
  • 4K video
  • 51 points AF
  • 8 fps
  • Tilt screen
  • SnapBridge

I wonder what the pricing would be? $1,495ish ?

D5, D500, D750 ... sure why not .. D7500 Just make typos much more confusing.

I know it probably doesn't matter in the scheme of things...but why are they decreasing the MP of the newer crop cameras? Faster buffer speeds? Better low-light abilities because of larger pixels?

I know it probably doesn't matter in the scheme of things...but why are they decreasing the MP of the newer crop cameras? Faster buffer speeds? Better low-light abilities because of larger pixels?

Likely all of the above.

But I'm glad to see that we're finally over the megapixel race in the majority of the camera market. Beyond about 12 megapixels it really is the law of diminishing returns, at least on a crop sensor.

20MP sensor from the Nikon D500
  • ISO range: 100 - 51,200
  • 4K video
  • 51 points AF
  • 8 fps
  • Tilt screen
  • SnapBridge

I was just thinking. If priced around $1495, it might be a D500 killer on price v performance.
4K video.
51pts vs 253 pts, but dependent upon the type of photography you do 51pt may be fine.
8fps vs 10fps. 8 is a pretty good leap forward from the current d7200 6fps (or so) but it also has to compete with Canon.

I'm curious if they changed the buffer at all. Or just used the small mp sensor for the processing speed increase. I really do wish the D500 was 24mp though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back