D750 Flare resolved

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As "Braineck" was nice enough to share with us Nikon has just came out with an announcement that they looked into the "flare issues" that were reported and will fix this soon.
Here is the link to the announcement.

To users of the Nikon D750 digital SLR camera | Nikon Knowledgebase

I dont think this is a big deal but I did want to see how Nikon will handle this after the D600 oil/dust fiasco.
The D600 problems were blown way out of proportions but Nikon lack of action till it turned into a PR nightmare for them was unacceptable, I am glad to see that they learned from this and this time took the D750 flare issue and resolved it fast.

Anybody able to conjecture from past patterns (like the D600 problems): if I purchase a D750 in, say July or August, will it come from the factory with this kind of fix already performed or will I have to still send it in for the fix?

Nikon will likely fix fast, but I've read a few places about the Nikon d600 problem being blown out of proportion. It wasn't. It was a very real problem that Nikon were legally forced to address in some countries before finally caving to world wide fix/replacement

Its good that they are stepping up again, but this happening on two bodies in a short period of time will hurt nikon. I wouldn't buy a new body at this point until it was out for a while.

Its good that they are stepping up again, but this happening on two bodies in a short period of time will hurt nikon. I wouldn't buy a new body at this point until it was out for a while.

Whether penance for the D600 mess or evidence of better CRM, Nikon's faster response leaves unanswered the nagging question of recurrent poor QA on their FX bodies. Buying merch from a later product run might be wise. The flare issue is bad enough but screwing around with AF alignment ex-factory isn't heartening.

Anybody able to conjecture from past patterns (like the D600 problems): if I purchase a D750 in, say July or August, will it come from the factory with this kind of fix already performed or will I have to still send it in for the fix?
Not every D750 suffers from this issue.
I tried pretty hard to duplicate this and couldn't so I am pretty confident my D750 doesn't suffer.
If I was in the market now to buy a D750 then I would wait till March and then get it.
Of course the longer you wait the smaller the chances you will get a lemon

Nikon will likely fix fast, but I've read a few places about the Nikon d600 problem being blown out of proportion. It wasn't. It was a very real problem that Nikon were legally forced to address in some countries before finally caving to world wide fix/replacement
I agree the D600 was a real problem but I think this was blown out of proportion, it got to that point not because of the number of cameras effected by the trouble but due to the lack of Nikon's wish to admit and resolve the problem till it turned into a PR nightmare.
Here is a cute and funny video made by a camera store of how "BAD" the D600 oil/dust issues really is

I agree the D600 was a real problem but I think this was blown out of proportion, it got to that point not because of the number of cameras effected by the trouble but due to the lack of Nikon's wish to admit and resolve the problem till it turned into a PR nightmare.
Here is a cute and funny video made by a camera store of how "BAD" the D600 oil/dust issues really is

Four out of five friends who bought a D600 had the problem. The number affected wasn't insignificant and the complaints didn't stem from a handful with particularly big mouths, either. Indeed, it was prevalence coupled with Nikon's indifference that finally forced the company to fess up to the defect. Nikon.ca reportedly wasn't sympathetic after the first couple of sensor scourings. They were plainly tired of the complaints and volume of repeated D600 service calls.

Interesting. Still having no issues with mine, in fact I couldn't be happier...this camera is amazing!

Interesting. Still having no issues with mine, in fact I couldn't be happier...this camera is amazing!
Same here, just a happy camper never had any issue with mine either, simply an awesome camera but I am very happy Nikon was fast in resolving this issue and that this gray cloud will be lifted from what I think is currently best camera for the money!
But then I am biased ;)

I'm sure they'll have some identifier for it. Like the tripod pin hole being black or something. They did slight markings like that on the d800 or other camera if I recall for some fix.

Shoddy engineering and QC if you ask me. I'd be ripped if I had to send back my brand new camera for 2 weeks to fix some issue that shouldn't be there.

Most reactions

Back