D750 Flare resolved

What hurts sales more: lemon denial or yanking a new product off the market? Nikon knows.

Shoddy engineering and QC if you ask me. I'd be ripped if I had to send back my brand new camera for 2 weeks to fix some issue that shouldn't be there.

like all those 7Dmii's owner that can't get focus worth crap? I bet they were really ripped too.

where's the continous hate threads on that issue? Or do we just ignore that one?

Shoddy engineering and QC if you ask me. I'd be ripped if I had to send back my brand new camera for 2 weeks to fix some issue that shouldn't be there.

like all those 7Dmii's owner that can't get focus worth crap? I bet they were really ripped too.

where's the continous hate threads on that issue? Or do we just ignore that one?

I haven't seen anything regarding that, nor am I looking for it. I am not out to get Nikon or be a fanboy, my point is only that to have two defects in a such a short period of time is unacceptable. If it were Canon I'd say the same thing.

I haven't seen anything regarding that, nor am I looking for it. I am not out to get Nikon or be a fanboy, my point is only that to have two defects in a such a short period of time is unacceptable. If it were Canon I'd say the same thing.
Actually both the Canon 70D and 7D II has AF issues so pointing at Nikon without looking elsewhere making Nikon look like its a lemon producer while the others don't is not fair.
I dont point at Canon because I care about Nikon only but trust me while I am the first to admit Nikon could improve their quality control they are hardly alone in this game!

Actually both the Canon 70D and 7D II has AF issues so pointing at Nikon without looking elsewhere making Nikon look like its a lemon producer while the others don't is not fair.
I dont point at Canon because I care about Nikon only but trust me while I am the first to admit Nikon could improve their quality control they are hardly alone in this game!

Did I say that Canon was without fault? I just said that compared to the two recent Nikon issues the canon stuff hasn't had as much press.

You have to look beyond the brand, which is hard for some, to see the bigger issue.

Did I say that Canon was without fault? I just said that compared to the two recent Nikon issues the canon stuff hasn't had as much press.

You have to look beyond the brand, which is hard for some, to see the bigger issue.
Nikon got bad press because it deserved it due to its bad handling of the D600 issue.
I do look at all brands and non as far as I know make perfect product all the time, I think considering the D600 fiasco Nikon dealt very swiftly with this flare issue which shows it learned from past mistakes PR wise, now if they will improve these QC we will have less issues with future models.
But to be honest I rather have this small flare issue then AF issue in my camera, I had that in the D7000 and that's honestly a PITA!!!

But to be honest I rather have this small flare issue then AF issue in my camera, I had that in the D7000 and that's honestly a PITA!!!
I never had AF issues with my d7000 but I found out what AF issues were all about when I had a Nikon 70-300 vrii and tried to use it for sports. My team had lower contrast jerseys than the other teams. What a major focusing PITA that was. I would have faulted myself if I didn't try it with 2 bodies, and other lenses didn't have the issue. But was told that it is a common problem with that lens.
But AF issues is a major PITA beyond belief.

Doesn't Nikon release more camera releases than Canon .. so mathematically they would have more visual problems. I hope that they keep a check list of what NOT to do in camera design for future reference like the sensor placement in the d750.

I never had AF issues with my d7000 but I found out what AF issues were all about when I had a Nikon 70-300 vrii and tried to use it for sports. My team had lower contrast jerseys than the other teams. What a major focusing PITA that was. I would have faulted myself if I didn't try it with 2 bodies, and other lenses didn't have the issue. But was told that it is a common problem with that lens.
But AF issues is a major PITA beyond belief.

Doesn't Nikon release more camera releases than Canon .. so mathematically they would have more visual problems. I hope that they keep a check list of what NOT to do in camera design for future reference like the sensor placement in the d750.

To me AF issues are less cut and dry than the other two issues that have come up. AF issues can stem from many sources unrelated to body. Things like the lens, the user and the situation play heavily into AF performance. I am not saying that it doesn't exist in both brands, but it's a lot harder to diagnose.

I am not saying that it doesn't exist in both brands, but it's a lot harder to diagnose.
Totally agree.
On my D7000 I got so many very soft shots so I thought the problem was with me, then when I figured it wasnt I thought its either lenses or camera. When I saw I had same problem with all lenses I figured its the camera, after few attemps to fine tune the lenses with little success so I sent the D7000 to Nikon but they didn't fully solved the problem.
After more then 6 months of owning it I gave up got rid of it and got the D7100.
Same user (me) same lenses and MAN what a difference.
If your pictures come out soft no matter what you do it just sucks the fun out of photography, for me AF problems is the worst thing that a camera could do to me!

Most reactions

Back