D750 recalled again

Thanks, apparently my camera needs to be shipped in.

You see dark where I see bright.
So I have been using my D750 happily for well over a year and now I can send my camera to Nikon and get a brand new shutter mechanism.
That will bring the mileage of my camera back to zero.

Cool :)

If Nikon do not have a specific time frame for camera owner to send it in, then you can wait until the issue shows up or deadline for sending it in and enjoy the free mileage in the meantime.

I'd a similar experience with one of my car bought in 2000. 2 to 3 years after I bought the car, the manufacturer recall all 5 tires (4 + full size spare) due to the tire may develop sidewall bubble. But the period of time allow for recall was quite long, so I kept driving my car until the tires were worn out and need to replace, then I got all new set of tire replaced by the dealer free. So for the 10 years I own that car, I did not need to spend a dime on the tires.

interesting ....
(last paragraph)
Once your D750 camera is received by Nikon, your D750 camera’s shutter will be examined and replaced, and your D750 camera returned to you free of charge, even if your D750 camera warranty has expired.

.. just for the ppl that say you can't do anything because Nikon doesn't warranty out of warranty items.

Huh?

Nikon will only repair those out of warranty D750s that are within a limited serial number range.
And.
Nikon will only be checking/replacing the shutter mechanism.

Bummer for anyone who's had problems with their d750, I've had two with 0 issues

Had my 750 for a year with no problems at all, but I shipped it out about 8 hours ago. If Nikon is offering to do this at no cost to me then I can't think of a reason not to do it. Hope to have it back inside 2 weeks.

non-issue. waste of reading.

move along, canon still hasnt recognized the 7dmii focusing issue.

non-issue. waste of reading.
move along, canon still hasnt recognized the 7dmii focusing issue.
Well it might be an issue for people with an affected camera....

And Canon never will. They figure it is cheaper to go on a case by case basis I guess. A recall would have saved me 5 months of mega aggravation.. Plus if you read through other forums there is no focus issue. It's always the user's fault or swamp gas...

Got to love the Fan boys quick to blame the shooter and its never the camera.

That means a D760 (or D750s) is on the way!! Its only feature will be 1 more fps.

That means a D760 (or D750s) is on the way!! Its only feature will be 1 more fps.
Nah probably 1/2 a frame to make it 7FPS, nice round number :1219:

Most reactions

Back