D750 Successor Wishlist

I thought for sure they would release a d750 with no AA filter after a year of sales with one on. Probably minimal re-tooling needed and probably primarily software changes to do so (just my guess). Very odd to me that it had one to begin with, when they appeared to be heading in the direction of not having one.

I will take the "Canadian" slant on the D750's successor. The D750's successor should have the D810's sensor system, the firing rate of the D5, the buffer of the D500, take XQD,CF, and also SD card memory (meaning triple card slots), shoot native 4K video for up to one hour, come with a totally FREE external battery grip with a full set of external controls on the grip. Batteries will last for 6,000 frames per charge/two hours of HD video filming, and weigh a mere five ounces.The D750's successor model ought to have full outputs for video and microphone hook-up, built-in GPS tagging, built in Wi-Fi and bluetooth setup, built-in FTP hardware with user-adjustable software, a pop-up flash with a Guide Number of 160 in Feet at ISO 100, and be priced in a locked relationship to the refurbished price of the old, 16-MP Nikon D7000, in Canadian dollars, ergo, around $500 loonies at introduction, dropping to $199 at end of life. Or less. Oh...and an Upload to Facebook/Upload to Instagram button, right on the back of the camera body.

I will take the "Canadian" slant on the D750's successor. The D750's successor should have the D810's sensor system, the firing rate of the D5, the buffer of the D500, take XQD,CF, and also SD card memory (meaning triple card slots), shoot native 4K video for up to one hour, come with a totally FREE external battery grip with a full set of external controls on the grip. Batteries will last for 6,000 frames per charge/two hours of HD video filming, and weigh a mere five ounces.The D750's successor model ought to have full outputs for video and microphone hook-up, built-in GPS tagging, built in Wi-Fi and bluetooth setup, built-in FTP hardware with user-adjustable software, a pop-up flash with a Guide Number of 160 in Feet at ISO 100, and be priced in a locked relationship to the refurbished price of the old, 16-MP Nikon D7000, in Canadian dollars, ergo, around $500 loonies at introduction, dropping to $199 at end of life. Or less. Oh...and an Upload to Facebook/Upload to Instagram button, right on the back of the camera body.
That's just Loonie
or 500 Loonie's
:)

you forgot that it MUST fit in your pocket with a 14-600mm/1.4 lens attached.

is it really that hard to push the zoom out button on the right corner and turn the thumbwheel?

does the rear screen really light up when you do that?
Err ... what "Zoom Out Button" ?!?!

Do you know something I dont know ?

I use the movie button (reprogrammed to ISO when not in movie mode) and front wheel. And yes, the monitor lights up this way.

I will take the "Canadian" slant on the D750's successor. The D750's successor should have the D810's sensor system, the firing rate of the D5, the buffer of the D500, take XQD,CF, and also SD card memory (meaning triple card slots), shoot native 4K video for up to one hour, come with a totally FREE external battery grip with a full set of external controls on the grip. Batteries will last for 6,000 frames per charge/two hours of HD video filming, and weigh a mere five ounces. [...]
Hmm.

Actually, for a parody, this is especially clumsy.

Though I wouldnt complain about base ISO 64 (or even less) at all, I dont want more Megapixels (I pointed out 12 would be enough, I rather want better pixels than more pixels) or lose the superior High ISO performance of the D750 over the D810, I dont care about fps (5 are enough for most needs, and when they arent, 12 is only a gradual change), I dont care about buffer (dont remember ever having to wait for the D750 - or the D600, in that respect, except when I shot sports), I dont want XQD or CF cards (besides, SD UHS-II is AFAIK currently faster) and I certainly dont want to lose the dual card slot, well 4k would actually be great but I want NO DAMN VIDEO RECORDING TIME LIMIT DAMMIT AT ALL (its stupid), and I dont use external battery grips, I would never complain about more battery life but I havent demanded that one either, and I already pointed out I would prefer a larger (and thus also heavier) camera body if I could get a larger AF field and a more silent shutter instead.

is it really that hard to push the zoom out button on the right corner and turn the thumbwheel?

I use the movie button (reprogrammed to ISO when not in movie mode) and front wheel. And yes, the monitor lights up this way.

upload_2016-1-11_8-13-50.png

Same idea as the reprogrammed movie button.

they need to fix the lighting up in firmware. that's silly.

I don't shoot video now, but I recall that most shots were less than a couple minutes and edited together later. So a 30 minute recording time is there, but it's like having 12 fps; if its not your style you'll never use it.

For recording events where the camera is on for a long time I would go with a couple of dedicated video cameras and a video mixer.

Why doesn't nikon just come out with a fully dedicated f-mount video camera? People here have spent tens of bucks on expensive lenses.

I gotta agree with gsgary on this one.

Solarflare said:

Are you a Canadian? Did you think my post had anything to do with you? lol You must've missed the connection between my post and recent TPF forum activity surrounding criticism Nikon has received from a certain member, which is totally understandable, I mean given your earnestness about the D750's successor...and the way you went point by point by point through my post, addressing imagined references to you...

I simply pointed out that your posting was very generic. You could have posted that in any other camera wishlist thread as well.

I will take the "Canadian" slant on the D750's successor. The D750's successor should have the D810's sensor system, the firing rate of the D5, the buffer of the D500, take XQD,CF, and also SD card memory (meaning triple card slots), shoot native 4K video for up to one hour, come with a totally FREE external battery grip with a full set of external controls on the grip. Batteries will last for 6,000 frames per charge/two hours of HD video filming, and weigh a mere five ounces. [...]
Hmm.

Though I wouldnt complain about base ISO 64 (or even less) at all, I dont want more Megapixels (I pointed out 12 would be enough, I rather want better pixels than more pixels) or lose the superior High ISO performance of the D750 over the D810, I dont care about fps (5 are enough for most needs, and when they arent, 12 is only a gradual change), I dont care about buffer (dont remember ever having to wait for the D750 - or the D600, in that respect, except when I shot sports), I dont want XQD or CF cards (besides, SD UHS-II is AFAIK currently faster) and I certainly dont want to lose the dual card slot, well 4k would actually be great but I want NO DAMN VIDEO RECORDING TIME LIMIT DAMMIT AT ALL (its stupid), and I dont use external battery grips, I would never complain about more battery life but I havent demanded that one either, and I already pointed out I would prefer a larger (and thus also heavier) camera body if I could get a larger AF field and a more silent shutter instead.
I want it to have the battery life of the A7

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back