D750 vs D3200: How much better??

BrickHouse

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at a nice little tax return and want to upgrade to FF. I think I've about worn out my poor little d3200 and really like what the d750 has to offer. What I'm looking for is someone who has both that could take the same low-light/high-ISO picture and post them at full and 100% crops so I could get an idea of just how much better the FF new-hotness is compared to an entry-level system. Yes, going and renting one would be better but I'm forward-deployed in podunk Japan and there are no camera shops nearby that speak English. Anybody have an hour to donate to the cause??

It'd be really weird if somebody owned both a D750 and a D3200.

Well-aware of the 'specs'. What I really want is to 'SEE' the difference. What does ISO 3200 actually look like with both.

i own a D600 and a D100
But that's sort of understandable because they were so far apart age wise. The D100 was actually a pretty good little camera at the time. And inflation adjusted probably the same (or more) in cost as a d600 is today.

two options here.
you can take pics with your D3200 at the appropriate ISO;s, and find someone here to post some with a D750 at various ISO and look at them both.

Or, you might be able to do a google search for images with a D750 at various ISO's.
finding someone here with both cameras could be tricky.

You beat me to it

Nobody else has ever upgraded a camera body before? Interesting....
Sure they have. But most people go from a D3200 to something like a D7200 to a D600 or something like that. And a lot of people sell off their intro level body when they go full frame to buy more glass. It's not like you'd use a D3200 as a backup if you were shooting pro.

Not impossible, just saying I think it's fairly unlikely, especially since they're both relatively new cameras. Most people don't jump from a D3200 to a D750 quite that fast.

two options here.
you can take pics with your D3200 at the appropriate ISO;s, and find someone here to post some with a D750 at various ISO and look at them both.

Or, you might be able to do a google search for images with a D750 at various ISO's.
finding someone here with both cameras could be tricky.

Yeah. Was just hoping somebody had both bodies sitting around and could throw a teddybear against a wall or something and snap off a few shots.

You beat me to it

Nobody else has ever upgraded a camera body before? Interesting....
Sure they have. But most people go from a D3200 to something like a D7200 to a D600 or something like that. And a lot of people sell off their intro level body when they go full frame to buy more glass. It's not like you'd use a D3200 as a backup if you were shooting pro.

Not impossible, just saying I think it's fairly unlikely, especially since they're both relatively new cameras. Most people don't jump from a D3200 to a D750 quite that fast.

What can I say. Champagne taste.

Well-aware of the 'specs'. What I really want is to 'SEE' the difference. What does ISO 3200 actually look like with both.

Yeah. Was just hoping somebody had both bodies sitting around and could throw a teddybear against a wall or something and snap off a few shots.

Here:
Studio shot comparison Digital Photography Review

D3200/D750/D610/D810 side-by-side studio sample image at full resolution and at several ISO settings. And you can download the JPG and/or the RAW files too. Have fun!

Last edited:

Here:
Studio shot comparison Digital Photography Review

D3200/D750/D610/D810 side-by-side studio sample image at full resolution and at several ISO settings. And you can download the JPG and/or the RAW fies too. Have fun!

YES!!!! Thank you! You just won the internet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back