D750 vs D500

You cant compare an iphone to a dslr.
You're full of s##t.
Have a nice day.
I absolutely AM (full of it...) - thank you for making my point!

You are (privately) defining 'adequate basic gear' and telling us to use "that" (whatever it is) and go be artists. This thread is about figuring out the correct gear for specific needs.

PLEASE start a thread about seeing/thinking like an artist- it's an important topic, and one I agree with! Popping in here and reeling off truism about artistry and vision in this thread, however, not helpful.

Be well.

One of my images taken on very old canon 20d and a crappy canon 70-300 f4-f5.6.
Cheap tat but i think it looks like its been taken on something 'better'
FB_IMG_1432162107360.jpg

Peeb.....you're alright btw.

Zombie thread time!

Who has used both cameras and come away with impressions?

I never really anticipated considering spending 2k on a DX body, but....

How about anybody that sold their D750 and bought a D500, or anybody that bought the D500 and decided to change to the D750.

So far it has been funny to watch some of the D500 unboxings. You would think the people had died and went to heaven.

How about anybody that sold their D750 and bought a D500, or anybody that bought the D500 and decided to change to the D750.

So far it has been funny to watch some of the D500 unboxings. You would think the people had died and went to heaven.
Not a lot of situations where someone would be debating between these, they serve different purposes.

using tapatalk.

Not a lot of situations where someone would be debating between these, they serve different purposes.

using tapatalk.
I agree with that. Although when the D750 came out I was considering it. Now with the D500 it better meets everything I've been waiting for as a D300 replacement.

Either camera is a winner. But if you do a ton of sports/wildlife, etc.. D500 may be best.
If you're into portraits, general travel, landscapes, weddings, etc.. D750.
Hell, I have a D800 and I shoot my kiddos sports in DX mode at 6fps, and I'm happy as can be.
But if I shot pro sports on a regular basis, I would grab a D500, D4, D300, etc....

I'm waiting for the D760.

You know, it's only a matter of time ...

:)

looks just as modern as any 2016 model DSLR.

I think the real question should be the following:

Do you want the extra reach the crop sensor on the D500 gives you, or the extra width that the Full Frame sensor of the D750 gives you?

I own a D750 and its a great camera and I'm sure so is the D500. However, it is much easier to get good wide angle lenses for the D750 than for the D500, and you will always be able to get more reach on a D500 than on a D750!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back