D750 vs D810

The D810 has higher megapixels, even though 24 is more than enough, but the D750 does have an AA filter and does not have the pro button configuration on the body.

Though, from what I hear the AA and High ISO is better than the D810 and a great camera for weddings/portraits.

As you are actively using the D7100, and looks like you plan to continue to do so, then the D750 is the body that has the control layout that is similar and just based on that it is my recommendation .

If you had made a strong preference for the layout of the D810 but concerned over price then I would suggest a refurbished D800, that gives you the AF-ON button, 1/250 flash sync and the larger top LCD (just a few of the things I like to have).

I do like the AF-ON button with the D810 and the 1/250 sync, but the dual SD in the D750 is better for me than the CF/SD slots in the D810. Also, I don't need the 36MP in the D810...24MP is just fine.

Still hard to decide as I don't want to get the wrong camera, regret it, sell, and buy again...

I do like the AF-ON button with the D810 and the 1/250 sync, but the dual SD in the D750 is better for me than the CF/SD slots in the D810. Also, I don't need the 36MP in the D810...24MP is just fine.

Still hard to decide as I don't want to get the wrong camera, regret it, sell, and buy again...
they both will still take pictures

The D810 will potentially will produce sharper images but you will be hard pressed to really see the differences.
I mean you will need to pixel peep the heck to find it.
In normal use you will not see any difference and for weddings and events you don't need super sharp anyways.

I had a D700 and now shoot the D810 exclusively. I have wedding and event experience but currently only shoot female portraits. The D810 is excellent for landscape and portraiture. I'd never use it for a wedding or any event of length. It's too much memory consumption both in RAM usage and storage.

I don't know much about the 750, does it have a full shutter (shoot to 1/8000)? If not that'd be a concern. If so I'd go that route for a more mixed style of shooting.

The D750 is 24 Megapixel, base ISO 100, max shutter speed 1/4000 sec, flash sync 1/200 sec, and it has a weakish AA-Filter, too.

It also has no AF-ON button and it has a realy mode dial with the somewhat problematic weird Nikon style U1/U2 buttons that I cant for my life manage to make do what I want them to (once spend a really long time trying to get them set to shutter priority 1/60 sec for video. Just wouldnt do it).

Love its low weight and compactness and flipscreen, but the D810 is clearly the Nikon flagship.

I would go with the D750 for few reasons.
1.Its cheaper, with the difference you can get a used Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC which is my main lens for events.

Personally 100% agree with this, considering your current glas you wouldn't get the full benifits of the D810 save the difference and upgrade your glas :)

I have both and they are both fantastic. But, for ultra low light or action I go to the D750. The D810 at ISO 64 is spectacular. Great for the studio or static portraits outside with fast glass.

D8010 just for the 1/8000 shutter speed.

Oh wait, didn't know you needed better glass..get the D750. :)

Most reactions

Back