D80 and SB-80DX

raymondht

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello there im planning to buy a SB-80DX, i just want to know you expertiece, if this advisable?;)

Check your model number and post back.
?? The SB-80DX is an older style flash released in 2002 (link HERE).

First, I honestly think this doesn't belong in this section, its more of a beginners kinda question, and it is too general to know how to answer.

He wants people to post their experience with a D80 and SB-80DX? IMHO, a simple google on a D80 review and SB-80DX review would best answer this, I think.

Edit:

D80 review HERE

SB-80DX review HERE

?? The SB-80DX is an older style flash released in 2002 (link HERE).

First, I honestly think this doesn't belong in this section, its more of a beginners kinda question, and it is too general to know how to answer.

He wants people to post their experience with a D80 and SB-80DX? IMHO, a simple google on a D80 review and SB-80DX review would best answer this, I think.

Edit:

D80 review HERE

SB-80DX review HERE

Thanks. I thought he was mixing D80 and SB-800 model numbers.

hello there im planning to buy a SB-80DX, i just want to know you expertiece, if this advisable?;)

You will have no TTL or wireless triggering ala CLS. It's a bad choiceto got the SB-80. Get an SB-600 or 800.

I've had the SB 80 DX for several years. Just bought a D80.

Sw1tchFX is right. You'll have no TTL.

I'd recommend the SB600 or 800. (In fact, I'm heading out tomorrow to get the 600 myself)

I'll continue to use the SB80 as a slave when I'm working in the studio, but not as my primary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back