D80 battery life?

Yep, after having some time to fool with it it has a lot of flexibility (that I haven't had time to work with yet) should be a lot of fun!

Simple rule. Battery life is inversely proportional to your desire to get the shot. High desire=short battery life. A guy named Murphy came up with this rule.

Easy fix...................BUY ANOTHER BATTERY!:biggrin: They are cheap insurance.

Wasn't wishing any bad luck on ya. Just wanted to make you aware of a possible issue and keep ya from wasting money. Now go enjoy the camera. :D

Be sure it's an old battery causing the issue. The D80/90 have a common problem that manifests itself as high battery drain. When the camera is turned off does the green memory card access lamp blink? Does the battery drain even if the camera is turned off? Always diagnose a problem before spending money and the results will be as desired.

Wasn't wishing any bad luck on ya. Just wanted to make you aware of a possible issue and keep ya from wasting money. Now go enjoy the camera. :D

Well, couldn't resist wanting to buy something for my new toy :D so now I will have four rechargeable batteries (upon further examination both old batteries seem to check out okay by using the cameras battery check function) plus the ability to run on AA batteries if necessary. Already planing to use the IR remote to shoot humming birds.

The most fun life offers you is learning new stuff. Lots of stuff.

Just a warning if you are shopping for battery handgrip, winwinexpert is advertising them as in stock (8 available 6 sold) but then I get a reply "please give us 5-7 days to ship and their email has an "we are out of town" auto reply. :apologetic: :BangHead: I think I smell a rat :grumpy-36:

Last edited:
Just a warning if you are shopping for battery handgrip, winwinexpert is advertising them as in stock (8 available 6 sold) but then I get a reply "please give us 5-7 days to ship and their email has an "we are out of town" auto reply. :apologetic: :BangHead: I think I smaell a rat :grumpy-36:

Well if you ordered through Ebay just let Ebay know whats going on, if I remember right they only have like a 2 or 3 day window to ship and if they don't unless they specified otherwise in their ad then they are in violation of Ebay's standard shipping policy and you can have the order cancelled as a result.

Thanks, called eBay and yes they give the seller 2-3 days before I can cancel. I have bought a bunch of stuff off eBay and have has really good luck. There are jsu t bunch of red flags on this purchase first I get five of these emails in a row (seems like a robot to me):
"
New message from: winwinexpert (40,008)
Sorry to trouble you , but i have a bad news to inform you.
When we send the item out,we find the quality of the item is not good ,maybe they have been on the shelf too long ,so that we have to return them to our supplier. And now the good are on the way to us, so do you agree to give us 5-7 days more?
Is it ok for you?
We hope you can forgive us and accept our apologize for this problem.
Sorry to give you any inconvenience and troubles
Looking forward to your kindly reply.
Have a nice day.

Then when I tried to respond I get:

winwinexpert is out of the office until 04/17/2016 and may not be able to respond to your message.

Message from winwinexpert:
Hello, this is Ronny
i am out for test ~(from 14 to 17),i will be back on 04/18/2016
So i can't respond you in time .but my colleague will help me to reply the e-mail .
There may be some misunderstanding ,because it was me handle all the message .
So hoping your understanding if there is any unsatisfied .
Once i am back ,i will try to solve your problem .
Hope your understanding .
Enjoy a wonderful weekend.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Ronny

Every time I buy of eBay I feel like I am rolling the dice, because of that I have pretty much shifted to buying off Amazon.

I guess I won't know until Monday.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have gotten away from Ebay and Amazon. I go directly to the source these days. Adorama and B&H are fantastic! I can't say enough good things about their service, selection, and price.

I have gotten away from eBay and Amazon. I go directly to the source these days. Adorama and B&H are fantastic! I can't say enough good things about their service, selection, and price.

I hear what you are saying... matter of fact I order a lot from B&H for work... but when spending my own money it is hard not to be lured by low prices on eBay ($54 for battery handgrip + 2 batteries + charger + IR remote Vs B&H OEM handgrip $250-$350 Vs Adorama off brand handgrip + IR $60) . Amazon was fantastic when the just sold from their own warehouses but now they are using outside vendors they also have become somewhat unreliable.
Buyer beware!

I have the genuine Nikon item (MB-D80) for my D90 and love it. Past experiences with aftermarket (other than glass/lighting) has left me sour on it.

I have gotten away from eBay and Amazon. I go directly to the source these days. Adorama and B&H are fantastic! I can't say enough good things about their service, selection, and price.

I hear what you are saying... matter of fact I order a lot from B&H for work... but when spending my own money it is hard not to be lured by low prices on eBay ($54 for battery handgrip + 2 batteries + charger + IR remote Vs B&H OEM handgrip $250-$350 Vs Adorama off brand handgrip + IR $60) . Amazon was fantastic when the just sold from their own warehouses but now they are using outside vendors they also have become somewhat unreliable.
Buyer beware!
I've had real good luck on ebay but I'm careful who I buy from. When I sort the listing, for example, I sort by distance first. On most items I'm not interested in having them shipped from overseas, especially if it's a camera or a lens.

I check their feedback and actually read any negatives. I prefer to deal with smaller sellers who have all positive feedback if at all possible.

So far at least never had a problem. I'll usually also check keh to see if they have what I'm after in stock, if so I compare that to the ebay price. I will often go with keh on some items unless the savings is great enough that it's really worth going the ebay route.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Buyer beware!

I understand completely! My problem with Amazon is terribly slow free shipping. I'm to stubborn to pay for shipping and to cheap to subscribe to Prime.

It's almost like when you choose free shipping, they hang on to the item for a week as a penalty for not paying.

Most reactions

Back