D80 Card Reading. Small Emergency

hawee99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my buddy goes ALL OUT every Halloween. This year he was the most epic joker ever. I took my camera out with us and we took several of stages shots downtown of him doing a variety of Jokerish things. Occasionally I would get a error message on my camera. "fEE" flashing. It would flash where my shutter speed normally is. I thought it was my lens because if I power cycled and took the lens off, and back on, it would work again. I get home and put my memory card in the reader and it says "failed to recognize thumbnails, device is busy of not connected" when trying to view. So I plugged my camera in directly and got the same message. However I can still view the photos of my camera LCD. Can anybody help? My friend will be pretty disappointed. Damn. Thanks for any help

Cullen

Well, you could try different cable, or USB port. Maybe your card reader is bad. Did you try different card to make sure the reader is OK?

Yea I tried another card and it worked. Seems like I might be screwed, but I'm baffled that I can still view them on my camera LCD...

try importing using bridge, lightroom, etc.
Might be that windows is looking for thumbnails and t hey're not working.

Let us know what happens.

Yes I have adobe bridge and that works with other memory cards on the same reader. I will go home and try and find light room and see if it helps. I don't see how it will, but its worth a shot for sure

Anymore ideas on this. Thanks

Most reactions

Back