katanapilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
katanapilot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Guys

I got a d80 with 2 SB 600, I can shoot 2 remote sb600 and the built-in flash in commander mode wireless. The issue is I want to fire 1 remote and 1 on the camera, problem is that when you close the mounted one, it does not fire the remotes.

Any pointers, will be appreciated...

That's because the SB600 cannot function as a commander; the build-in speedlight can, but if you want an on-camera other than the built-in, you need to upgrade to the SB800.

That's because the SB600 cannot function as a commander; the build-in speedlight can, but if you want an on-camera other than the built-in, you need to upgrade to the SB800.
Same crap i asked the damn guy at best buy!!!! CRAPOLA :thumbdown:

One small piece of advice. DON'T BUY CAMREA EQUIPMENT AT BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITY. Unless you know what you want and what it is capable of. Do your homework before you buy. I don't even go to Ritz anymore, bucause they are all 20 something camera snobs that act as if I am somehow interupting their day when I want to make a purchase.

Vince

Guys

I got a d80 with 2 SB 600, I can shoot 2 remote sb600 and the built-in flash in commander mode wireless. The issue is I want to fire 1 remote and 1 on the camera, problem is that when you close the mounted one, it does not fire the remotes.

Any pointers, will be appreciated...
Get yourself a lightstand, mount one of the SBs on it and position it directly over your head. Shouldn't be much difference.

Could buy a bracket to mount the flash on camera..but to the left.. or make something up. straight piece of steel and get a couple of old or buy some replacement tripod shoes i guess you call them, and use them for their screws to mount it up.

or buy an SB-800 and have 3 :)

i went to the camera store today, seems i need wireless gear kit ranges about 600!!!!

NOPE! One trigger and one receiver for about $30!

Look at www.gadgetinfinity.com and then visit this site, its my blog about the GIs and how to easily modify the trigger in 2 minutes to increase range from 30 feet to over 358 feet!

Right now, I am at two studio strobes, two SB-600s and an SB-800, with another SB-800 coming in about a month. I also have 4 light stands and 4 umbrellas and am loving it!

Note: I did not come up with this method, however, following the advice of a thread that I was following in the strobist group, I found some incredible performance gains with little effort on my part.

Last edited:
NOPE! One trigger and one receiver for about $30!

Look at www.gadgetinfinity.com and then visit this site, its my blog about the GIs and how to easily modify the trigger in 2 minutes to increase range from 30 feet to over 358 feet!

Right now, I am at two studio strobes, two SB-600s and an SB-800, with another SB-800 coming in about a month. I also have 4 light stands and 4 umbrellas and am loving it!

Note: I did not come up with this method, however, following the advice of a thread that I was following in the strobist group, I found some incredible performance gains with little effort on my part.

Very Cool!!! (im looking)

Most reactions

Back