D80 Replacement

The D7000 was recently discontinued. The price should be drifting lower over the next few months, making it a huge bargain for the money relative to the D7100. Tiring of arguments made here and elsewhere that there's a 50% increase in resolution with the D7100. These miss the fact that the actual increase is from 4928 to 6000 pixels on the long side. That's looking like a bit more than a 20% that many reviewers couldn't always see. Have fun.
Over year ago isn't recently.
D7100 more then just a better sensor on the D7000, but no doubt the D7000 is still a capable camera.
Personally I wouldnt get the D7000 over the D7100 but to each his/her own.

Show me a date. Looks like it made the "Sayonara" list same time as the D800/800E sometime this year. Nikon.ca still lists both. The 16mp Sony Exmor sensor seems to hit a sweet spot for many. The D7100 isn't that much "more" than the D7000 given current price spreads. D7000 prices are heading to C$700 in TO, maybe lower over the New Year, while D7100s are sticking close to a grand. That's a bargain.
It depends how you look at it, if you are looking at official date then I dont know, if you are like me consider a model retired the moment the new model is available then the D7000 was retired over a year ago.

Look for a killer deal on a low miles D90, D300s, D7000, etc.. I personally don't like the small body cameras, but that's just me... I have to have a battery grip option, more frames per second, mag. alloy build, etc... adorama & keh will give you a warranty on used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back