D80 tripods

yogibear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have never really owned a tripod so i am not sure if they are camera specific. Im looking for some advice on a tripod for my d80 that is stable and versatile. I will be using this tripod not only in the city where i live but also in various locations in the woods and mountains around the northwest. I need something that will take a beating but also is not so heavy that its a burden to lug up a mountainside.

Any suggestions from the pros?

Thanks!

Hi Yogi,
Try the manfrotto 190xpro b. Very sturdy and definately versatile, you can adjust the top section to come out and lie horizontal. great for Macro work aswell.
Dean

Tripods are not camera specific, so don't worry about it. Most cameras have the same 1/4" female threads on the bottom. Just make sure that the tripod/head are sturdy enough to hold your camera/lens.

You can't go wrong with Manfrotto :thumbup:

What I have is:

Bogen / Manfrotto 055X PRO (BLACK) TRIPOD
488RC2 HEAD

I love it - very sturdy.

Ge a good one like Manfrotto,
If you get a cheap one you will not be happy when it breaks.

Remember the rule of tripods,

Light - Sturdy - Inexpensive

You only get 2 of the above options

Thanks! Always so quick and helpful here. Ill look into those tripods. What would you consider a good price on one of these? Honestly i dont mind paying the extra money for something good. This is all an investment into my future career. Thanks again for the fast responses!

yogi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back