D80 Users / Nikon Users ???

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read somewhere on the forum that you can tweek a camera to get the best lighting possible. The reason is to avoid post production. I am currently using camera raw in photoshop cs4 to adjust my photos. I want to learn more about color correction but I head that with slight modifications you can actually avoid this extra steps to help your photos get the WOW factor.

My question is how do you do this?

do you mean using things like active D-lighting and upping the saturation?

if so read your manual it will tell you how under the menu settings.

if you mean exposing a photo properly and getting it right in camera, that simply means do the photo right when you have the camera in your hand, not settling for an under/over exposed shot thats framed poorly. THese are easy things to ensure are proper when you take the shot and will save you time in post

I read somewhere on the forum that you can tweek a camera to get the best lighting possible. The reason is to avoid post production. I am currently using camera raw in photoshop cs4 to adjust my photos. I want to learn more about color correction but I head that with slight modifications you can actually avoid this extra steps to help your photos get the WOW factor.

My question is how do you do this?
Upping the saturation in the camera menu settings will only effect a JPEG capture not a RAW data file.

Do you know how to read the histogram that can be displayed on your camera's back LCD?

Understanding Digital Camera Histograms: Tones and Contrast

Be sure and read part 2, too.

You need to know though that the histogram your camera will display is for a JPEG image that is embedded in the RAW file and not a true representaion of the RAW data file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back