D800 or D610

You'll love either. I went with the D800 because I found one with low miles, warranty and I was already use to the build, heft, size, etc... of my former D300 and D700, so I wanted to maintain that. But the D600/D610 is great also.

I'm in love with my D800. It blows me away every damn time I use it. Get one, and enjoy the he** out of it.

Jake

Well, either of them are pretty good cameras, though personally I would prefer a D600 in good condition with third generation shutter replacement over a D610, because thats much cheaper, but really exactly the same except for minor issues. By the way, apparently the D610 has the shutter dirt issue also, sometimes.

But the decision D600/D610 vs D800 is nothing I can really help you with. It comes down to personal preference. Do you prefer more lightweight, more compact, high eye point (important if you wear glasses), more than sufficient resolution, real mode dial with U1/U2 quick access and even scene and green auto modes, over even more resolution, better autofocus, better viewfinder but with lower eye point, more controls but no dedicated mode dial (instead a mode button you have to press multiple times to switch between P, A, S, M, and complicated configuration back changes only over menus), better video mode ? Or the other way around ? Thats for you to decide.

D800 has its perks I'm sure, but you're going to pay for them even if you don't need them or use them. I haven't had the weather to really test my new D610 but I do miss the 51 points of my D7100 but I knew that was going to be a sacrifice for better low light quality. Plus my lenses are actually their proper focal lengths which is awesome

Weight and file size isn't really an issue to me, I'm fine with the 40+ MB raw file size because I have many external 1TB hard drives that I store all my content on. Also weight isn't really an issue either because my D3200 let alone feels extremely light anyways, so I'll be fine with either camera. However in the long run, I think the D800 would make more sense because it will give me less of an excuse to upgrade later on. I mainly prefer it because of its capability of shooting those large raw files which I will enjoy post processing, it's AF points, and some other aspects. Then again I might just go for the D610 because it is a newer model and performs better in low light and will also save me some money for a potential new lens. I'm just looking for a good DOF and quick autofocus camera that I can keep for 3+ years. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back