D800 Stop-Motion Animation: Transformation

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. Here's a short stop-motion animation I shot for my cinematography class. I only had 2 days to shoot and this is what I came up with. The constraints were 20 seconds without title and credits, 720p resolution, with a theme of Transformation. That's about it, really. So, here goes:

Nikon D800
Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
JPG SMALL
Standard

Please be sure to watch in 720p and with the speakers up.

PS. I'm really stoked to see this new part of the forum!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
thats really cool, I've been wanting to try stop motion. did you take these shots like a time lapse, or every motion gets a shot. the sound effects were awesome.
what did you put in the glass that was dissolving?

thats really cool, I've been wanting to try stop motion. did you take these shots like a time lapse, or every motion gets a shot. the sound effects were awesome.
what did you put in the glass that was dissolving?

None of this was processed in the D800. I kinda forgot that it could do that while I shot the photos. I'm not used to having a camera that would do that. :lol:

Most of the photos were taken with the camera's intervalometer, though. So, I set it to take a photo every 2-3 seconds, and jumped in and moved the egg between frames.

Mark

Pretty cool.

Too bad you were contrained to 20 seconds, I'd have preferred to see the egg movement, especially through the grass at a slightly slower pace.

The time lapse shots on the ice cubes melting was a nice touch.

Most reactions

Back