D800?

Are you planning to upgrade to the D800 when it finally arrives?

• Total voters
nope, and i am hoping the 36mp is urban myth for sure.

You should have added a "Maybe" choice to your poll.

I might, I haven't decided yet. I don't really want an FX camera but having 36mp would be nice.

I was going to.. but ordered a D4 instead! :)

I'm hoping for an 18mp sensor, 5fps, good high ISO noise, similar D4 video features, and sub 3k.

Yes, I need a back up equal to or better than the D700...hoping I'm not let down with the D800. Don't care about video, don't need it, just hoping for better DR, high ISO :)

I'll stick with my D700 for now, but will eventually upgrade to the D3s or D800. I voted no, since I'm not in the 'Can't wait' camp.

While most D700 owners would tell you that they do not have a plan to upgrade, the truth is that they will be very tempted to be the first few to own it when D800 comes out. I could be one of them.

But who came up with the model D800? Was there a D600 before? It could very well be D700s or D900.

I merely waiting for the dust to settle twixt the D4/d800 brouhaha. If zillions of people jump onto the D4/D800 bandwagon, I should be able to snag a good used D3 or D700 fairly cheap.

While most D700 owners would tell you that they do not have a plan to upgrade, the truth is that they will be very tempted to be the first few to own it when D800 comes out. I could be one of them.

But who came up with the model D800? Was there a D600 before? It could very well be D700s or D900.

and would it really matter? Ever heard of Thom Hogan.. major pro with MAJOR Nikon ties.. he says D800 for one! :)

Don't care about video, don't need it, just hoping for better DR, high ISO :)

Good luck on no video. The accountants at Nikon are demanding that every DSLR they make from now on be capable of HD video, just so the Best Buy customers don't think that Canon is "better".

The D800 will be 36MP, low FPS and much lower ISO capabilities than the D4.

And, in response to your poll, PDP, I'm not buying the D800. However, I am going to buy a gently used D700 from someone who is! :sexywink:

I do have a d700 and still have no intention of up grading. Have no interest in video and 36mp reeks of too much pixel density. Something has to go at some point.

Marketing has too much say these days! IMHO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back