D800E City Scapes. D800E Is Just Plain Amazing! King Of The Hill If You Ask Me!

Which photo do you think is best?

• Total voters

FaymusMedia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.faymusmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I was giving landscape tutorials in NYC and when I finished I just had to put the camera to work. So here are some images.

Also, take part in the poll to help me decide which photo is best, as I am entering a landscape/cityscape photo competition and I want to know what you guys think is my best photo to possibly win.

Thanks!

Photo A

p1400664782-5.jpg

Photo B

p1400664786-5.jpg

Photo C

p1400665756-5.jpg

Photo D

p1400666296-5.jpg

Photo E

p1400667826-5.jpg

Photo F

p1400667976-5.jpg

Photo G

p1400667988-5.jpg

Photo H

p1400668936-5.jpg

Photo I

p1400668944-5.jpg

Photo J

p1400668978-5.jpg

You don't need a D800 to come up with these... trust me.

My phone only loaded one of the b&w so can't say much there but the HDRs or way overdone. How can you tell the camera takes good images when they are that cooked?

Only like the B+W rest are over HDR for me
I have to agree. Too heavily tone-mapped for my tastes, and too much keystone distortion in several of them. And since I also don't care for B&W that doesn't leave much. Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

I have been doing photography for 12+ years, I am aware any camera can take a photo. This isnt a "debate" thread. Its my work, and poll.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were the Governor of the Internet. Forgive me for violating the zoning codes for this particular thread. I didn't see them posted.

:lol:

Here's a tip for you, sparky... the second you throw down a gauntlet like that, it BECOMES a debate thread. I'll try to be something of a better man and not bother to pick it up, but I'll bet you your lance that someone else will.

Good luck with it.

I have been doing photography for 12+ years, I am aware any camera can take a photo. This isnt a "debate" thread. Its my work, and poll.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were the Governor of the Internet. Forgive me for violating the zoning codes for this particular thread. I didn't see them posted.

:lol:

Here's a tip for you, sparky... the second you throw down a gauntlet like that, it BECOMES a debate thread. I'll try to be something of a better man and not bother to pick it up, but I'll bet you your lance that someone else will.

Good luck with it.

hmmm. so I post some photos, and thats asking for people to come in here and become smart asses? Where does that come into play?

I have been on this forum for a little bit, and there really has been nothing but drama and dicks the whole time. I am dead serious too.

Ok, I fail to be a better man. My new years resolution is shot. I didn't even make it out of January...

Have you been on the internet before today? Or did you just get wired up last week?

Look, you come onto a photography forum and say "the D800 is amazing blah blah blah" and I look expecting to see someone really showcasing what the D800 can do... incredibly sharp, good dynamic range, etc... and you post pictures I could have made with an iPhone. It's not that the D800 isn't amazing, it's that you chose to demonstrate the abilities of an amazing professional kitchen in a 5 star restaurant... by making twinkies. It just... to me... says quite a bit about you and what you think is amazing. A quick trip to your site (cough) faymousmedia, sort of confirms that for me.

Oh and by the way the VERY first paragraph in your "Photography" section...

"Photography should eye catching creativity, that follows no real set of rules, aside from the basics. Unique blend of realism combined with a touch of in depth intesity. Breath taking, nostelgic, and comforting. Memories that last forever. "

Missing words, spelling errors and all sorts of issues there. You might want to at least have your site proof read by someone.

Free advice. I mean, I've only been a photographer for 10 years, so you've got 2 on me... but I was an editor of books for a few years way back when... oh and I do have that high school diploma...

Ok, I fail to be a better man. My new years resolution is shot. I didn't even make it out of January...

Have you been on the internet before today? Or did you just get wired up last week?

Look, you come onto a photography forum and say "the D800 is amazing blah blah blah" and I look expecting to see someone really showcasing what the D800 can do... incredibly sharp, good dynamic range, etc... and you post pictures I could have made with an iPhone. It's not that the D800 isn't amazing, it's that you chose to demonstrate the abilities of an amazing professional kitchen in a 5 star restaurant... by making twinkies. It just... to me... says quite a bit about you and what you think is amazing. A quick trip to your site (cough) faymousmedia, sort of confirms that for me.

Oh and by the way the VERY first paragraph in your "Photography" section...

"Photography should eye catching creativity, that follows no real set of rules, aside from the basics. Unique blend of realism combined with a touch of in depth intesity. Breath taking, nostelgic, and comforting. Memories that last forever. "

Missing words, spelling errors and all sorts of issues there. You might want to at least have your site proof read by someone.

Free advice. I mean, I've only been a photographer for 10 years, so you've got 2 on me... but I was an editor of books for a few years way back when... oh and I do have that high school diploma...

This is just the kind of nonsense I expected from this board. There is people like you on every board that think they know everything. Why are we talking about high school diploma? I have a BA in business management. So I am pretty sure that I have a high school diploma as well.

This is just the kind of nonsense I expected from this board. There is people like you on every board that think they know everything. Why are we talking about high school diploma? I have a BA in business management. So I am pretty sure that I have a high school diploma as well.
The point is that there is nothing in those photographs that screams

D800E Is Just Plain Amazing! King Of The Hill If You Ask Me!

as your title indicated. As a matter of fact there is nothing in them that indicates ANY kind of high-grade camera since the tone-mapping pretty much wiped out everything the camera was capable of showing. There is nothing that shows the exceptional dynamic range of the D800, the tone-mapping killed that. There is nothing that shows the exceptional detail of the D800, the distortion of a 16mm lens on a full-frame body killed that. These could have come from ANYTHING and don't show off the abilities of the D800 at all.

Oh, and 12 years experience doesn't go very far around here. There are a lot of people around here who can nearly quadruple that.

Rabbit-Man, the Hostess Bakery is gone. Twinkies are dead. Long live Twinkies!

The point is that there is nothing in those photographs that screams

D800E Is Just Plain Amazing! King Of The Hill If You Ask Me!

as your title indicated. As a matter of fact there is nothing in them that indicates ANY kind of high-grade camera since the tone-mapping pretty much wiped out everything the camera was capable of showing. There is nothing that shows the exceptional dynamic range of the D800, the tone-mapping killed that. There is nothing that shows the exceptional detail of the D800, the distortion of a 16mm lens on a full-frame body killed that. These could have come from ANYTHING and don't show off the abilities of the D800 at all.

Oh, and 12 years experience doesn't go very far around here. There are a lot of people around here who can nearly quadruple that.

Rabbit-Man, the Hostess Bakery is gone. Twinkies are dead. Long live Twinkies!

Again more nonsense. Its all trash talk, gimmicks, and redundant posts. There is no tact on this board at all.

Most reactions

Back