D810 - flash help

fishing4sanity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not an experienced D810 or flash user, but I've been using/learning with a camera trigger and off-camera speedlights. Last night I tried it and nothing will happen, not even the camera's pop-up flash will fire, it did work one day earlier. On the display it shows a flash symbol crossed-out in the upper left corner of the display. Going through menu features I'm not finding anything. Does that crossed-out flash symbol mean something has failed or am I just missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated. To top it all off, I got roped into pictures at a wedding & reception (which I've never done nor wanted to do) this Saturday - so I'm panicked!
20170725_221140.jpg

is there a little flash button on the front left by the prism/lens area?
Push that button and rotate a wheel to turn it back on.

Even the anonymity of the internet isn't enough to cover my embarrassment! I swear I tried that multiple times, using both selector wheels, but it worked. Thank you!

To the moderators of the forum: if my stupidity is worthy of a life-time ban, I understand.:oops:

Nothing works as you think until you read the manual at least 4 times and try the same thing at least 4 times. LOL

Most reactions

Back