D90 continuous shooting

I use the same card in my D90 and get full-speed continuous shooting whether shooting in RAW or JPEG. SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) has nothing to do with speed, it refers to a specification that allows Higher Capacity cards. It shouldn't matter anyway as high-speed shooting uses the camera's buffer, so you should get high FPS until the buffer fills, and at that point you're waiting for the buffer to be written to the card, which will slow down your FPS rate.

A few things to check:

• Make sure you have the camera set to continuous high-speed mode, not continuous low-speed mode.
  • Make sure long-exposure noise reduction is turned OFF. This will slow your FPS rate whether you are shooting fast or slow shutters.
  • Not sure about active D-lighting (never used it) but turn it off and see.
  • Are you shooting in AF-A mode and tracking subjects? In AF-A mode the camera will track subjects but the shutter will only release if focus has been obtained. So if your camera is having trouble focusing this will slow the FPS down. In AF-C mode the shutter will release whether the image is in focus or not.
Camera mode won't affect how many FPS the camera will shoot.
Still slow!!!
The answer to your problem is in your camera users manual.

Another read through never hurts. :thumbup:

WOW!!! Thanks!!:thumbdown:

Last edited:
Are you in continuous "H' or "L". If if its not set to H then thats your issue. Also make sure your in M mode, with manualy focusing and shooting Jpegs

Are you in continuous "H' or "L". If if its not set to H then thats your issue. Also make sure your in M mode, with manualy focusing and shooting Jpegs

That was the first thing I tried.

Found it EXPOSURE DELAY MODE

That's disabled by default which is probably why no one suggested it, including myself. Chalk up one for user error. ;)

Glad you figured it out though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back